Kuiu.....bummed out....

I'll keep everyone apprised of the process but I'm thinking that Rainy Day probably does (or did) all the physical work on Kuiu gear. I know the fabric comes from Japan and were assembled here at one time but I had heard that the garments were made there now.

Jason has an excellent line of hunting clothing.

Have no doubt, Kuiu is excellent hunting gear and very compact and light. I can pack all I need to wear layer wise in one pocket of my Ebrelstock back pack... Thats Merino wool undies, superdown pants, superdown hooded jacket and Guide pants and jacket and the whole thing weighs maybe 3 pounds.

Guess I'll have to pay retail for a Superdown vest, some you win, some you loose but even at full retail, it's a good buy.

All is well that ends well...

Contacted Rainypass in Seattle and downloaded their repair request from their website and sent them in. They are on the way back to me as I type this, repaired with KUIU fabric. I actually has 3 tears in the 'family jewel area' not one. Total cost was 95 bucks to fix.

I'm happy.

morning, curious question. what kind of material r these materials made from? should

b on the tags?? r the materials noisy? frog togs r fairly quiet. keep a person warm.

Sidecar, I use this NP1, tile caulking at work and it is flexable and super sticky.Come in a light tan, I have used to fix boot leather to rubber seams and gator rips,back with tape on a rip and put on light coat can tool with real wet finger.Few colors like gray and brown also.Lasts quite long on boots.

Had a problem with my guide pants. The side vent zipper when zipped up comes apart or won't close period. Due to missing zipper teeth. Keep in mind they are brand new used once on a whitetail hunt climbing up a ladder stand ...call custom service was refer to secondary company and still waiting on call back from 10/20 /15. Very last piece I will buy from them ..

Not to mention I waited 3 months for them

Had a problem with my guide pants. The side vent zipper when zipped up comes apart or won't close period. Due to missing zipper teeth. Keep in mind they are brand new used once on a whitetail hunt climbing up a ladder stand ...call custom service was refer to secondary company and still waiting on call back from 10/20 /15. Very last piece I will buy from them ..

Not to mention I waited 3 months for them

Interesting. I had a very positive experience with Rainy Pass Repair Rainy Pass Repair

I downloaded their repair form from their website, filled in the required blanks and sent them to them for repair, marking the impacted area with masking tape. I also called them and spoke to a young lady there and explained my issue (torn crotch).

She told me that Rainy Pass was also the authorized warranty center for KUIU and that if it was a warranty issue (which it wasn't) they would authorize a replacement garment through Kuiu (Jason).

She also told me they kept in stock, Kuiu certified fabrics in Verde and Vias camo at all times.

I sent them in USPS Priority Mail with tracking and had them back via the same method in 2 weeks plus they called me and told me they were coming back.

The repair is excellent, inside is sealed with water proof sealant tape and the outside was carefully patched with Kuiu fabric and lock stitched in, you cannot tell they were ripped at all.

The lass told m on the phone that any warranty (like zippers or buttons) are handled through them. I've talked to Jason Harrelston before (I have a lot of KUIU) and he has always been helpful.....

All in all, it was a seamless (pun intended) experience.

Businesses have approved methods for dealing with issues, customer imposed or otherwise, Rainypass is no exception.

I'm very pleased with the result and very pleased with the 'bedside manner' of Rainypass repair.

*Far as waiting for Kuiu garments from Kuiu, keep in mind that they are assembled (now) offshore, so when Kuiu runs out of stock, they are at the mercy of their supplier, which, isn't domestic. I was a bit dismayed earlier this year when Kuiu ran a sale on goose down garments and ran out of Superdown vests and would not extend me a rain check for one. I just went and bought a Sitka instead. No biggie, besides, it's an undergarment anyway. You can now get Sitka at Cabelas or on this site from Len in his Long Range Store.

However, because I have all Kuiu camo (over 4 grand worth), my first choice is Kuiu of course.

In closing, Rainypass IMO, is a 10 out of 10 for work quality and service, but, they do have a predetermined procedure you must follow. I have no issue with that and the end result was an excellent repair and overall experience.

Your experience may vary, but mine was all positive.

I have quite a bit of there products and the only problem was the side vent zipper .. I'm a little old school when I spend my money .. If I make a call get diverted to another company and called them leave a message and get no call back.. Even if the method is print a form and mail it .. I will still like to have a conversation to explain the problem ..

Also I did have the same problem.. During the same they didn't have the guide vest in my size and wouldn't honor the sale when supplies came in .. In my eyes that's a bad business practice.

I have quite a bit of there products and the only problem was the side vent zipper .. I'm a little old school when I spend my money .. If I make a call get diverted to another company and called them leave a message and get no call back.. Even if the method is print a form and mail it .. I will still like to have a conversation to explain the problem ..

You have to keep in mind that in Seattle, they are 4 hours difference in time than we are we are EST and they are PST. I just waited until lunchtime and called them and had no issue whatsoever.

I understand having a conversation, I'm 'old school' too. In fact, I'm old.....66.

Rainypass is the authorized (by KUIU) repair facility and warranty investigation facility. I asked Jason about it and he directed me to them....

I believe your issue will be a warranty replacement but you have to send them to Rainypass. I think it cost me 12 bucks (USPS Priority Mail, Insured, receiver signature required). They got there in 4 days. If you send them USPS online, the tracking comes into your inbox...

When my repair was completed, I got an e-mail from Rainypass to the effect that they were coming back.

You must visit the website and fill out the PDF form and enclose it with the garment.

Keep in mind that Rainypass repairs more than just KUIU. I believe they do Sitka as well.

Also I did have the same problem.. During the same they didn't have the guide vest in my size and wouldn't honor the sale when supplies came in .. In my eyes that's a bad business practice.

...and I thought it was too. I was in Montana when the sale was posted (I get KUIU updates in my inbox) and when I opened the site, they were sold out.

I called them and got the same response..... No rain checks. Whether that is a poor business practice remains to be seen. I'm an independent businessperson myself and I try to maintain stock at all times but I don't offer rainchecks either.

I believe that Jason didn't expect the volume of sales that occured.

I was a bit dismayed when I called KUIU and got an operator who's command of the English language left a lot to be desired. I hung up and called back, using Jason's private extension.

I guess good help is hard to find today but first impressions sell the product and I said something to Jason about just that.

Jason still would not honor a raincheck... No issue. I trundled down to Cabelas (about 3 miles from here) and bought a comparable Sitka.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts