Rained out...

TexasSportsman

This morning I got up fairly early for a Saturday to do some yard work that I've been putting off. I was hoping the start of winter would discourage the lawn and shrubs from growing. They didn't grow much but enough to make my home look it was an abandoned house.

I looked up to the sky from time to time to make sure the weather would be clear enough to go to the range. I haven't been in weeks due to family obligations.

In anticipation of this date I had the string on my bow checked. I reset the draw weight. I had some arrows re-fletched. Bought a new bow release and a scale to measure the draw weight. I had the bow sight replaced because the surface became tacky and sticky. Trophy Ridge sent me a replacement sight after I returned the one I had.

I also checked my AR. I bought an upper a few years ago that doesn't have the front sight post. I mounted a Vortex 1-8x24 Strike Eagle scope on it and installed it on a Bushmaster lower. A week or two ago I sold the Bushmaster Patrolman and replaced it with a PSA lower. That and I bought a couple of boxes of .223 62gr Hornady V-Max ammo from Freedom Munitions.

The day was planned after I finished the yard work. I'd spend time re-zeroing the AR with the new ammo and sighting the new bow sight with the re-fletched arrows.

As I put the mower and other lawn equipment into the shed a few drops of rain began to fall. Just as I removed my boots and went in the back door to the living room the sky opened up.

It hasn't stopped raining since 10:30a this morning and it's 4:30p CST as I post this thread.

The best laid plans of mice and men...I'll try again tomorrow. If not next weekend...Oh wait! The next weekend is Christmas. I'll reschedule for the New Years weekend. I'll have to sacrifice some of the college bowl games which is kind of a tradition with us. Oh well!