Colorado Draw results out

Better start stooping over and picking up all of the pennies off the sidewalk unless you are planning on hitchhiking out and back. It is going to cost a fortune to drive a loaded down truck out there.

We're waiting to hear from a Mule Deer app. and are doing like Bob said looking for change in the sofa etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif...

BB

Yup...it'll be costly but unavoidable. Lately its been right at $.25 per mile to feed fuel to my truck so that'd be about $600 for fuel. I guess this year I may keep a little bit of the meat to snack on the way back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For variuos reasons, I wanted to see Idaho, so I have an elk tag, deer tag and bear tag for there. No draw, just send money. It has been so long since I have been elk hunting that I might have to tape a picture to my gunstock so I can rocognize one.

The area of Colorado I hunt in is only draw for the first season and thereafter for elk its over-the-counter.

My wife and I camp (in a tent) for a few days then move to a motel, its a walkabout trip without the need to even see an elk. (But if I do see an elk I'd like it to be a great big hog with massive antlers and let it be close to me and a road and an easy shot and ...)

[ QUOTE ]
For variuos reasons, I wanted to see Idaho, so I have an elk tag, deer tag and bear tag for there.

[/ QUOTE ]

What unit(s) are you going to hunt?
If you will be in SW Idaho, let me and 4ked Horn know....hell we may even take you out on the Snake River for some duck shooting too.

Goneagain

The Salmon unit. Roy said there might be some fish in that river and I was interested in a place with some big game some fish and some grouse.

As far as duck hunting goes, I gave that up long long ago as cold, wet and miserable. I jump shoot geese on the Potomac out of boredom in late January and that is as close to waterfowl hunting as I do anymore. Chesapeake Bay is 45 minutes from me and but I don't hunt there. I can be enticed with pheasant hunting though. Course we would not want to hunt where there were any game wardens being as my eyesight is not as good as it once was and I might bag a few hens.

Dave

I agree, there comes a point in time when blood on the ground is not the primary purpose of hunting. Early season is nice weather and very pleasant hunting. I am very familiar with the two to three days in the tent and then off to the motel where there is hot and cold running water.

Hopefully I will draw a doe tag, especially since that seems to be all I ever see. Idaho doesn't post its results until July since applying for deer/elk/antelope is still happening until the beginning of June.

Buffalobob
[ QUOTE ]

As far as duck hunting goes, I gave that up long long ago as cold, wet and miserable.

[/ QUOTE ]

duck hunting in Southwestern Idaho: Blue sky and 40F (or warmer). The only time it has been cold was the 2 week cold snap we had in December - just above 0 at the boat ramp. Keep your shotgun with you in the vehicle, you may find pheasants/quail/chuckar around some of the farms by Salmon.

Screech

I have a "B" tag = ANY WEAPON — antlered ONLY
Oct 15 - Nov 8.

I expect to get there around the first of October and spend some time just scouting around, shooting a few birds, catching a few fish and laying about.

I drew 1st season rifle as well. It will be my first time rifle hunting. I usually bow or muzzle hunt.

I have my stand/hide spot all picked out found it 2 years ago. Hopefully no one else will be there.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.