Kimber 84m Montana ?

My intention was not to compare production rifles to customs, only to state that my preference is for customs. I think Kimber builds a very good production rifle, but like most production rifles some of theirs are shooters, others not so good.

My 7mm mountain accent 2 1/2" 3 shot 2x 500yrds this morning.

Attachments

• 20181011_101906.jpg
    20181011_101906.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 206
My 7mm mountain accent 2 1/2" 3 shot 2x 500yrds this morning.

Very nice. Of the 3 Kimbers I had one was almost a half minute rifle and another .75. I think they have become more consistently accurate since the last one I bought almost 15 years ago... of course here on LRH our discussions are with mostly skilled shooters too. I hope my NULA will shoot as well as your Kimber.

Just got a 5.6 Creedmoor Browning X-Bolt Pro (carbon fiber stock and lots of fluting).
It weighs 6 lbs. 1 oz. in 6.5 CM.

Dunno how it shoots but will by next week. Brownings are among the very most accurate factory rifles. With its fast 1:7 twist I'll shoot mostly 140 grain bullets and higher.

By January I'll have a MARCH 3 - 24 x 42 scope on it (22.6 oz) and Talley alloy rings.

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.