Kestrel 5700 Applied Ballistics

If we are looking at the same screen shot, I see a dot?

Hi Doc,
I'm still unclear about the asterisk shown on the Accuracy First directions that I screen shotted in the previous post. Also, I cant reproduce a dot or an asterisk in front of the MV number on the ballistic home screen like the A 1st directions show.
Thanks,
Bill

Hi Doc,
I'm still unclear about the asterisk shown on the Accuracy First directions that I screen shotted in the previous post. Also, I cant reproduce a dot or an asterisk in front of the MV number on the ballistic home screen like the A 1st directions show.
Thanks,
Bill

That's not Muzzle Velocity, the page you copied is Tgt Distance. That asterisk indicates that inclination has been entered for that target.

It sure would be nice to have a series of how to video's explaining step by step how to properly setup the 5700 series and other platforms I suppose.

Ray

It sure would be nice to have a series of how to video's explaining step by step how to properly setup the 5700 series and other platforms I suppose.

Ray

I have some, I know one will be going out on our FB page next Tuesday. They are not start to finish videos. They cover different aspects individually as a support tool.

HI Doc,
The new Capture button is a great addition. Since it captures azimuth when Target is selected and wind speed & angle when Wind is selected, would it be possible in a software upgrade to allow it to populate the environmental data when Environment is selected?
Have a good weekend,
Bill?

HI Doc,
The new Capture button is a great addition. Since it captures azimuth when Target is selected and wind speed & angle when Wind is selected, would it be possible in a software upgrade to allow it to populate the environmental data when Environment is selected?
Have a good weekend,
Bill?

Environment updates constantly as it is in the KLB app. Unless you turned Environment to "Off" in the device.

Environment updates constantly as it is in the KLB app. Unless you turned Environment to "Off" in the device.

I thought it was recommended to keep Environment Update turned off most of the time to save batteries.

What is the KLB app?

Thanks

I thought it was recommended to keep Environment Update turned off most of the time to save batteries.

What is the KLB app?

Thanks

No, the only time you keep it off, is when outside influences could cause bad readings. Like leaving it on a black shooting mat in the Texas sun.

KLB = Kestrel LiNK Ballistics App.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.