Help Kestrel 5700 elite app ballistics

ifgator

I need help. I tried calling applied ballistics support and I'll just say we had a failure to communicate. Maybe if I type my problem hopefully it will make more sense. I am new to long range shooting and I like to dive in and use my tools to the maximum. These are my tools, Kestrel 5700 elite with applied ballistics. I have both Kestrel apps on my phone. I have a labradar Chronograph.
Now I can build a gun profile on the app and enter the bullet type, size, BC, then gun data of muzzle velocity, zero range, scope height, etc BUT NO ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS. Support said I don't have to use the MV-temp table because if advanced features are used incorrectly it can do more harm than good.
This is part I can't wrap my head around. So let's say I'm shooting a 7 mm RM at 8,000 feet in Idaho at 2900 fps 45 degrees and I would enter density altitude but I can't remember what it was. So then I say to support what if I then go to Mexico hunting mule deer and take my Kestrel with me and it's hotter than hell and obviously different environmental conditions.
The answer from support is the Kestrel will adjust for the new conditions. My question is ADJUST FROM WHAT????? There is no baseline settings entered or saved as far as I know. So that's why I was interested in the MV-temp table because at least there is something to use to adjust from even though it's only temperature and no humidity, density altitude etc.
I feel like I am missing something very obvious and simple. In order for any device in this world to ADJUST, it must have baseline data or default settings.
Well if the answer is that it is somehow stored in the Kestrel then what about when changes are made or new guns entered then often the profiles are overwritten.
I know this is long and annoying but please help.
Also I will say the reason I haven't built my own curve of supersonic, transonic, and subsonic is because I've had a few major operations on my actual spinal cord and so testing has been difficult and through a friend.

Since you haven't gotten any response, I'll take a stab at it. However, the best place to post a question like this is on the 5700 thread here:
https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/kestrel-5700-applied-ballistics.161830/

As I understand it, the Kestrel doesn't use a "zero" atmosphere as a baseline. It calculates the atmospherics every time you update the environmental data.The MV/Temp table is used to compensate for different powder temperatures because all powders are temperature sensitive to a certain extent. Good article here:

https://www.longrangehunting.com/th...ivity-part-2-managing-muzzle-velocity.176040/

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.