Kestrel 5700 Elite & Sig Sauer KILO2400BDX

GJB89

Looking at purchasing my first weather meter and range finder I am looking at getting the following,
Kestrel 5700 Elite Meter with Applied Ballistics
Sig Sauer KILO2400BDX

I have some question for those that own both of these,
how do you like them as a pair, do they work well together?
Would it be better to get the Kestrel with Applied Ballistics or the Sig range finder with Applied Ballistic?
Is there a better option for a range finder that I should be considering that is similarly priced?

Looking at purchasing my first weather meter and range finder I am looking at getting the following,
Kestrel 5700 Elite Meter with Applied Ballistics
Sig Sauer KILO2400BDX

I have some question for those that own both of these,
how do you like them as a pair, do they work well together?
Would it be better to get the Kestrel with Applied Ballistics or the Sig range finder with Applied Ballistic?
Is there a better option for a range finder that I should be considering that is similarly priced?
I cant answer the Kestrel connection question but my Leica 2400 ranged better at distance than the Sig and had better glass also.

I just got my Leica 2800.com yesterday. My Kestrel 5700 elite w/applied ballistics and LINK will be here Friday. The Leica ranges VERY well. The way I read it, the Leica will link up to the kestrel via Bluetooth. You range your target, sends the range to the kestrel, the kestrel takes that and with all the environmental and your ballistic info sends your turret adjustments back to the Leica and displays it on the Leica screen.

I will post how it works out here pretty soon.

I had a terrapin that is outstanding laser,but no longer working,and warranty joke.Ive been looking and reading for last few years.I wanted one unit style.After many reviews on many sites I got a sig 2400 ABS.One just sold on here for $675,it lasted minutes.They are widely used on long range only.Im a big lieca fan,had 3.Just seems there ballistic solution is behind.AB,is benchmark.But if you have kestral,you cant go wrong with one of the Liecas you mention.I havnt had chance to wring out my Sig,but they are well covered,im amazed how compact and fast reads.Like the tripod mnt. Greyfox on here has this and G7,he favors the g7 some.

This last summer in Alaska for Dall and Moose my brother in law had the Leica 2800.com and I had the Sig 2400 BDX and we each had our own Kestrel 5700 Elite. I think we were both happy with our combination and had no issues with either set. I would not get the combined 2400 ABS with Applied Ballistics and instead opt for standalone units though. There were quite a few times where I just put in the range in the Kestrel to check solutions after getting an updated range from the guide. It is also more useful at known distance targets such as shooting steel long range to just update the range and shoot. The 2800.com had more standalone features without using the Kestrel, but with the use of the Kestrel either one is just a rangefinder that communicates to the more powerful Kestrel.

You can get a Kestrel 5700 Sportsman CONX from Cameraland for $250 which has standard Applied Ballistics. The Elite upgrade is $190 if you need it.

Either way it's a lot cheaper than buying a Kestrel Elite 5700.

You could take the money you save and get a Sig Kilo3000BDX LRF binocular instead.

I cant answer the Kestrel connection question but my Leica 2400 ranged better at distance than the Sig and had better glass also.
A Kestrel 5700 or Elite (both have Applied Ballistics solver) will link with the Sig 2400 BDX or 3000 BDX models only (and the Leica.com). The link is easy and holds display in the BDX instantly. If you go with the ABS you can't link to a Kestrel and and lose the weather station features of the Kestrel and use only the sensors in the ABS.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.