Keeping your barrel cool…

The Magneto cooler is dramatically over priced and under powered my Brother Bean! Now....for 20.00 on Amazon...for the RE-CHARGEABLE Air mattress pump, AND BONUS LIGHT that's on the bottom, you can cool your barrel in about...1/3 of the Magneto time. You just need a piece of hose. 3 nozzles come with the pumps...I just glued the one that fit best onto the hose! " If Necessity is the Mother of Invention, then if you're like me..POVERTY ..must be the Father" Couldn't see paying that much for a low powered fan!
Or if you already have battery powered Ryobi equipment get the $39 blower and attach a 6" piece of tubing to it - air coming out of the muzzle will blow your cap off ! ( ok maybe not that much but its 10 times more than commercial chamber coolers)

Or if you already have battery powered Ryobi equipment get the $39 blower and attach a 6" piece of tubing to it - air coming out of the muzzle will blow your cap off ! ( ok maybe not that much but its 10 times more than commercial chamber coolers)
Or that....if you already have the 300.00 Ryobi equipment! 😎

I think you mean Ryobi inflator, not blower.

Milwaukee M18V Bagless Cordless HEPA Filter cordless compact vacuum, works perfect for pulling the air thru barrel, Make ur own little rubber hose adapter to fit on the muzzle end. Good thing is keeps the truck cab floor clean too. Same 18V battery goes right in the Ole Milwaukee"s Red boombox, 24/7 playN Outlaw Country between rounds!

The best blower by far is the $39 ryobi from Home Depot with piece of tubing. But at 117 degrees you would want to suck air from ice chest or blow thru a copper tube buried in ice I would think. Also napa sells a plastic hose and fitting that fits on 2 liter soda bottle. Works perfect for pouring water down chamber thru barrel then patch dry. .
or wait until there is snow on the ground like in the picture and barrel cool down is no longer an issue...lol

I live in Tucson; I know exactly what you are experiencing.

I used many methods until I built a CO2 system.

I saw tiny tanks featured in an ad in Precision Shooting years ago. Knew a guy who tried one. He told me the tank was too small to be any good. More tank volume is required to get the cooling effect of the expanding gas. The smallest tank you can use and still get the cooling effect is a 20 lb tank as seen in the picture.

The picture is old and shows a regulator. Unless you already own a regulator, you don't need one. I found out later all that is needed is a ball valve. There are a few brass fittings which the welding supply company should have on hand.

A rubber hose is attached and the tip is tapered so it will wedge into the end of the chamber.It only takes a few seconds to feel the barrel begin cooling. I stop when it gets close to ambient because the cooling will radiate after the valve is turned off.

The way I use the tank is to place hose in chamber, HOLD it in place then open up the valve on the tank then slightly open the regulator or ball valve to get the desired flow and save gas. If the regulator or ball valve should already be open and you open the tank valve without holding the hose you can get some interesting welts on the face, been there done that.

There are at least five guys at our range that use this system from time to time. Even one custom builder, Dave Miller. We can find no ill effects of using this system. I don't use it all the time but when things are hot or I want to work up a load it will shorten range time considerably.

Two days ago I was working with a 257 weatherby with temps in the 90s. I would shoot two then cool for 5-10 seconds, which was enough to cool the barrel to ambient.

I'll add a little to this. You can use a bore guide, and lock it down just like would cleaning you barrel. Most of the equipment can be gotten at amazon, tanks including shutoff value set up, bore guide, and clear tubing from HomeDepot. The bore guide is tapper at the one end, so you get it to fit better tighter fit in the chamber. Check and fit the tubing at both ends. 3/8 size and full circle clamp down both ends. I end up using full circle clampes at each end to keep it together. Don't get the clamps at Homedepot juck. It's a Little pricey, but it beat sitting around all day waiting to cool that barrel off. I also got 2 20lbs tanks, I didn't want run out and drive 100 miles to fill the a tanks again.
You can use the C02 tanks to cool down you beer in a tapper in the evening after a hard day at the range.🤣😁

If you are a customer of "Hello Fresh" food delivery company, you've seen the frozen chemical cooling packs included in each shipment. There are a couple of sizes most times, one larger than the other. I've allowed them to thaw and then re-frozen them over a piece of PVC pipe w/ a similar diameter as my barrels to create a small depression down the middle. I take them to the range in a small ice chest and drape them over the top of the barrel when it gets too hot. Usually takes about 3-4 minutes to cool down....(when handling, wear a cotton glove or your hand will get cold: they are not dry ice cold but almost!). Take them home and refreeze till next session.
Food ain't too shabby if you pick wisely. You can try it and cancel anytime, keep the ice packs....it says to recycle them! YMVMV

They have barrel cooling fans, but I don't cool the barrel, just shoot it hot. Gives information about the barrel...and I'm too impatient to wait 10 minutes between shots...but it's only been in the 90°s here. And why I like the 308 win shoot them 25 rds on a hot day without stopping, heat waves of the barrel and the smell of burning steel tell ya to stop, cause ya can't make out the target, and the temperature insensitive Varget will blow primers if you haven't fired the round sitting in the hot chamber in 5 seconds. And the barrel will still be reasonablely accurate after 8000 rds. Actually tested 100 yd accuracy after every thousand rds the .1s to .3s. 3 shot groups averaged .2" after 7000 rds same exact load, for LR out to 1400yds.
Just Install a new barrel and go at it again...and I have actually repurposed that firecracked 8000 rd barrel and chambering for an AR wildcat...cutting out much of the bad area, near the chamber ...some will remain...but plenty accurate for testing. Also take your 9mm pistol to the range while waiting for the barrel to cool, when ya hit 1080 rds per minute, on a hot day... So ya don't waste precious time, doing nothing.