Keeping your barrel cool…

Dirt_Nap

Any suggestions on ways to keep my barrel cool during load development? I'm in Phoenix area so it's 113* today. Working up a load for elk and trying to find a way to cool off my barrel. Trying to shoot 1 every 10-15 minutes but still gets hot and trying to maximize my time at the range

I've been using an air mattress inflator hooked to a booster pack.
Blows through a drinking straw. I'm lucky to have shade also.
Im assuming you want cooler than natural air, so you might have to pull out of an iced down drink cooler.?
never tried it for myself

Any suggestions on ways to keep my barrel cool during load development? I'm in Phoenix area so it's 113* today. Working up a load for elk and trying to find a way to cool off my barrel. Trying to shoot 1 every 10-15 minutes but still gets hot and trying to maximize my time at the range

Some have offered great suggestions, and I don't know it this can be used where you are doing your shooting…..but, I used something similar when I was doling load development with temps in the 90's!

It helped a lot…..until the wind gets energetic! 😉 memtb

1691283583067.jpeg

Some have offered great suggestions, and I don't know it this can be used where you are doing your shooting…..but, I used something similar when I was doling load development with temps in the 90's!

It helped a lot…..until the wind gets energetic! 😉 memtb

View attachment 483430
I get one of those and it casts the shade 10ft from where I'm shooting! 😆 😆