Record Keeping

cstilt

What do you guys use for record keeping for your rifles? I'd like to find something that's either free or really cheap and has all the necessary items. I think Excel would be good, but I'm still a fan of paper and pen so that would be my preference. I'm open to nearly any suggestion though.

I'm still fairly new to the reloading game and want to do it as correctly as possible, so I think having a good/complete logbook is a nice place to start. Up to this point I've been keeping targets with all the info printed on them, but I'm wondering if anything better is out there.

Thanks,
Chris

I keep a record of all my loads on the computer in my gun room.
I list every thing, powder, primer, grains of powder, case, number of rounds loaded, date and velocity if you chronagraph the loads.
I do this for every caliber, rifles, hand guns.
I have a record that dates back to the early 1970's.
Also what type of cases that I use and the type of primers that I use.

I use Excel to track everything. I keep a tab for both performance of loads and firearms specifications (track Max COAL, Ogive/Lands intersection etc).

Chris, Lyman makes a reloading log Lyman Products Your Primary Source for Reloading Equipment

You can get extra pages (or copy existing) and set up folder on each caliber. I put every load in the log on each rifle I own and when I find a good load I'll mark "try again" and then after trying again if it's good then I'll mark "reload" it's kind of my way of grading my loads.

I started keeping a log back in the mid 60's so I'm use to filling in a log and grading my reloads with key words .

Well good luck

sinclair has a varity of log books 5-10 dollars. I started some on your basic dollar store note book, computer good idea, but I like listing as I shoot at range a note book is easier for me

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm starting to think I might br making this harder than it really is. Vie been looking at some of the stuff that's out there and they're all pretty good. Very few seem to keep track of number of times a case has been loaded though. Right now I keep a slip of paper with at group of cases with with number of times fired and the number of times trimmed marked on it. Load data is marked on all the targets I save.

How are the pages for the lyman And Sinclair book set up? I'm wondering which would have more information.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.