kahles or tanget theta

corey suir

I am starting a long range hunting/target rifle build and have almost everything figured out for the build except for the scope. I have narrowed it down to either the Kahles 525 skmr4 or tanget theta 525 gen 3. My question is, is it worth it to spend the extra 1000 on the tangent theta? i have shot with a few Kahles scopes and they are great. would i gain anything by getting the TT?

I've just had too many shooters tell me that the glass in the Kahles wasn't on par with the price point. I know they are very well built optic but, shooter after shooter has told me the glass just isn't that great.

Again, 100% based on what i'm told by people I trust. But it's enough to make me look in different directions.

t

All I know is that Khales at $3200 verses Tanget at $5,700 Is quite a difference in Price. Khales is the oldest scope maker in the world and for repeatable zero's is very hard to beat, but it is your money. Either way you decide to go I"ll beat you will be happy.

Well you can not beat a TT. It's my favorite. I have a ZCO and would rather use the TT. For hunting if you wanted to save some more $$ I would get a NF ATACR and use the money for another build. If you just have one or two rifles that you shoot all the time then sure go TT. It's kinda hard to explain. I'm with Outlaw, a friend said the quality was not on par with the price and he went back to using NF cause he's pretty much a tight wad. Long Range hunting and shooting tends to be on the pricey side for quality and with TT that's what you get. If it means anything if I am going on a big hunt that is important to me, I will take off the TT from the rifle it currently sits on and redial on the rifle I want to take lol. Poor boy swap out I guess.

if money is not an issue, and you want an alpha-tier scope ... it's TT or ZCO ... Kahles is not in the same tier as those two.

Ultimately, it will come to what reticle you prefer ... amongst other features that the Kahles and TT offer.

I own all. Tt is better now that being said its not 1300$ or however much more i paid over a ZCO. That being said atacr and kahles are not in same playing field as either one. Personally i wont buy another TT will only be ZCO until another cool toy comes to market