Joiled the 1 mile club today

Congratulations Keystone 7mm,

I joined the 1 mile club on St. Patrick's day at the Clinton House Plantation
Used my 7mm PRC with factory Hornady 180 Eld-M ammo
180's moving 2875 fps out of my Shilen 26 inch barrel
Took me 8 shots to get on the 2'x4' plate and 6 shots to hit the 18 inch gong
It was great day shooting
The 7mm works really well in many configurations
Congrats to you as well! It's a great feeling to get it done. Now I just want to stretch it further lol

Today was definitely a bucket list day. I went out to a friend's house where they have steel set from 100 yards all the way to 1 mile. We shot several guns, but my focus was on my 7 Rem Mag. It is a custom job built by Accuracy Systems in Byers, CO on an old Remington 700 action. The barrel is a stainless 29" Criterion tube with a 1-7" twist. Today I was shooting my 190 grain A-tip plinking load over Retumbo going 2870 fps.

It was a beautiful day, and I started out at 600 yards and worked out to 1075 before setting the gun aside to rest and let others shoot. Later I shot at 1153 yards, and then jumped to 1650. I had to play with my dope a bit, but found both targets. I decided to try 1 mile. 1st shot elevation was great, but missed just right of the plate. Second shot I overcompensated for the wind and missed just left. Elevation was good. I settled in on 4 MOA of left windage and let her rip again and celebrated as the hit indicator lit up! One more shot and I was in the middle of the plate.

What a great afternoon, doing what I love to do with great friends. Thank you to everyone on this site for the knowledge I have gained over the years! It payed off today in a big way.
Keystone,

I joined the Mile High club a few years ago, but I don't think it's the same thing. Congrats Pal!

I haven't been to the Clinton House in years. Used to shoot sporting clays there, before they had the rifle range. Only about 30 miles from home. I need to make the time to give it a try.