Jewell Trigger problem

MOOSE39465

Went out shooting with my cousin today and run into a major problem with my rifle. After shooting about 15 times today I put a round in the chamber went to pull the trigger and nothing happened. After removing my cartridge from my rifle I closed the bolt and the firing pin shoot forward like I pulled the trigger. Got my rifle home today and took it apart. I tried to go back through the instructions thinking a screw had backed out and allowing it to go off. I couldn't get the trigger to reset and the safety want engage. Has anyone run into this problem?

Had it happen to me a few times. If you feel comfortable with your skills, take the side plate off, and find the piece that broke. Get a replacement, and put it back together. I suggest working on a clean white towel...
I fixed a few that way. I can't remember the name of the piece that broke, but when I called Jewell, they knew what I was describing.
The ones that I fixed have been without issue.

Had it happen to me a few times. If you feel comfortable with your skills, take the side plate off, and find the piece that broke. Get a replacement, and put it back together. I suggest working on a clean white towel...
I fixed a few that way. I can't remember the name of the piece that broke, but when I called Jewell, they knew what I was describing.
The ones that I fixed have been without issue.
Thanks Joel I will give them a call today. Im not the best at it, but if I got a diagram I can do it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.