Jewel Triggers... What are yours set at?

In my opinion the variable is as much the skill of the individual pulling the trigger, as it is the weight of the trigger that determines accuracy.

So true. I prefer a lighter trigger around 1.5 lbs, but I do well with triggers up to 4 lbs. I'm definitely forced to focus more on my technique with heavier triggers, though.

So true. I prefer a lighter trigger around 1.5 lbs, but I do well with triggers up to 4 lbs. I'm definitely forced to focus more on my technique with heavier triggers, though.

I agree,it does force you to focus more on hold/trigger control. IMO a 3 lb pull is a whole different discipline than a 12 oz pull.

I've got a factory Vanguard in 223 with a 2 stage trigger set at 3 1/2 lbs. I do well with it also but it's a bit of a PIA when it comes to making quick long shots on gophers. I'm going to see if my smith can work it down to about 1 lb. It's a great trigger, just a little too heavy for my liking.

Run the hunting rigs at 1.25 lbs and run the bench rest rifle at 8 oz. Both triggers are Jewels, one the HVR or HTR and the other is a BR setup.

Most of my hunting rifles that wear Jewell triggers are set at 13 oz. (superstition) The one exception is the .223 I use for varmints that is set at 6 oz. Never had a safety issue with the light pull weights as we don't chamber a round until ready to shoot.

Pete

under 2 ounces it's probably 1 maybe 1.5 ounces. I use it for everything when you shoot as many shots with a trigger that light it really isn't a big deal. gun)

My target rifles are set at 1.25-1.5lbs my hunting rifle is just under 2lbs. I have the hunting rifle heavier so that I can shoot with insulated gloves on.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.