JB and Kroil...

I guess there are as many ways to clean a bore as to skin the proverbial cat!
My preference as many others is to use Kroil with nylon brush to penetrate and get under carbon/ copper fouling at least the heavy fouling.
I use Iosso on nylon brush short stroked which is very mildly abrasive to remove carbon and some copper quickly. After several more Kroil soaked patches to remove Iosso I patch it dry and look into the muzzle with my LED light and if I see copper I'll use KG 12 again applied with nylon brush and let sit a few hours.
With a nylon brush I short stroke( bore guide Tipton carbon rod) and usually a
all trace copper is gone.
I have used most ammonia based cleaners and they work but smell bad in the house. KG 12 is pretty much odor free and works for me.

As an aside ill throw this in for new shooters. Thoroughly Patch your barrel dry before shooting or especially hunting unless your planning to fire a fouling shot or 2. Clean barrels as a rule will throw low if there's any type lube/ oil in them.

Ps, sea foam works very well too. I leave my bores with a coating off this after shooting.
Be careful here as Seafoam is mainly alcohol with some petroleum distillates mixed in. Once the alcohol flashes off it is water. After testing dozens of cleaners I only have Flitz and bore tech. Bore tech is good but won't remove heavy carbon. You will get clean patches out but there can still be carbon in there. The only way to be sure is a borescope. Best tool I own

I just got a VFG pellet system in from Brownells today, I'm about to deep clean a 6.5 with them and Kroil+JB. Was using Tipton pellets but they only go one way, the three-pellet VFG screw tip holds two very solidly and brings them back down the barrel, so it's scrubbing time.

Ps, sea foam works very well too. I leave my bores with a coating off this after shooting.
I meant to finish the statement, by saying I leave it in barrel, after shooting, but remove it when final cleaned when I get home. Sometimes, I actually clean it completely when at range, but if time runs out, ( and it usually does), I've left it in barrel, til a short time later. Invariably, first tight patch will come out blackened on edges of rifling prints on patch.

An old thread I see. Not many members responded to it that look familiar either. I'm digging out some JB bore paste currently to "lightly" clean a used barrel I bought. At one time I had a regiment from someone in a publication explaining how to accurize a barrel that wouldn't shoot but misplaced it. I did that with an older 22-250 years ago and it turned that rifle into a . 25" rifle. It barely shot 1 moa prior. In this case I'll simply run one patch down the barrel and back 5-10 times after a good cleaning and reclean after that process. This all will happen of course after I shoot the rifle for accuracy data.