JB bore pase vs bore tech copper eliminator?

IOSSO bore cream does a great job on carbon ring. Fairly sure it's abrasive like JB, buy doesn't appear to scar any under the bore scope viewing. If you've never used it, the patch will always come out black no matter how long you clean. I only use it for carbon ring, not a regular included in normal cleaning.

I finally found the thread were Frank talked about barrel cleaning he didn't specially talk about JB but abrasive cleaners. It was on Rokslide I was surfing around awhile back and stumbled upon it.
I do exactly what Frank talks about break in as far as seeing copper but a firm believer in Alex's view on 100 round before serious load development.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211005-093107_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211005-093107_Chrome.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_20211005-092940_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211005-092940_Chrome.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_20211005-092923_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211005-092923_Chrome.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 107
I have used this product extensively from Bore Tech- Chameleon Gel:

This stuff works REALLY well for both Carbon and Copper, I use it in conjunction with Bore Tech Eliminator.

Just follow the instructions.

I really like KG-1 for carbon rings. I patch till the last one come out a little bit blue. That means it just reached the copper. Then I go to the copper removers. I have 3 on hand. Also have JB in reserve, but very seldom need it anymore. Good barrels lessen cleaning issues quite a bit. Also powders with de-coppering agents help.

Well now how about car polishing compound,Been using it for years and it works with no bad results.All you get is a clean polished bore.If it wont scratch glass i dont see any ill effects rifle bores.Also good for auto paint thats faded.

Last edited:
I have never seen any marks left by JB inside a bore, not once.
The abrasive is nothing like what I use to lap a barrel.
I have a tin of JB Bore Bright which I bought the JB Bore Paste and Bore Bright together as a bundle.
After putting 20 strokes of the Bore Bright down a .22RF barrel, I am hesitant to use it on a good barrel. It has an even more aggressive abrasive, so I have not used it. It polished as well as cleans, a polished bore is not a really good idea as it increases friction.

Cheers.

Yeah I ruined a bore with Flitz once. It polished instead of lapped..
A friend ruined one of his with the 'bore bright' J-B 'polish'.
J-B should not ever have made or offered that.
J-B should place a disclaimer or differentiate between the two better. Many don't realize there is a difference between the bore bright and the bore cleaning compound.

Part of the problem in my opinion is some people who think a barrel doesn't need to be cleaned that often because its not coppering, carbon is worse than copper in my opinion for build up in a barrel. Frank touches on that I never go more than about 40 -50 rounds before I clean my barrels and have never seen the need to use JB or anything like it to get it the carbon out. Heck Frank doesn't even use a brush. I use nothing but very stiff nylon brushes.
I do let my sage rat guns go longer I just can't stop when in a good rat patch