Ivey Rings

Hognuts

Just picked up a set of Ivey Rings with 150 MOA of adjustment built in for my Barrett. I am going to test them out on this rifle anyway. I am in process of building a 7 SAUM, they may find their way onto that rifle eventually. Looking forward to getting out and putting it through its paces. I will post up results after I get some rounds down range with this setup. I am running a NF 8x32x56 with the Ivey Rings. Should be a nice set-up, plenty of magnification and still alot of available adjustment!

IveyRingsII_zps00a468c1.jpg

IveyRings_zps8f2e2b11.jpg

Got some rounds loaded up and going to head out this weekend to put it through its paces. I may mount it on a different rifle and do tracking test. Then mount it on the fifty and check it for long range repeatability.

If you dont mind me asking and dont mind posting where did you get them from and what does that run? Can pm me this if you'd rather.

They are $525.00 and you can buy them from Iveyshooting.com. Or jus google "Ivey rings" and their site will come up. Going out Saturday to test them for the first time.

Test #1 last weekend was a bust. I was going to first try them on a .223 to do some close work and check to make sure they were tracking. I could not get them zeroed, I had my right windage maxed out on my NF and still was hitting left edge of paper at 100 yards. Tried a few times to get that sorted out. Switched it over to the Barrett and re-centered my windage knob and was able to zero after two rounds.

Dialed up 20 MOA, took a shot, back down to zero, took a shot, my zero shifted 5 MOA up. Dialed back up and it seemed consistent as far as POI, but zero remained 5 MOA off.

I decided since I was out there and I had the target set up already to send a few at distance. Had a 3' plate at 2100 yards. Dialed elevation which seemed to work was able to stay fairly consistent on elevation, but had to dial over 20 MOA of wind, a shooting buddy was shooting his SAUM and connecting with right around 1 MOA of windage dialed....something seems to be amiss with the set-up.

I still am holding out hope, contacted the manufacturer today, he was out of the office, but is supposed to be calling me back tomorrow. Going to take the set-up back out for further testing once I get some input from him.

I had the rail which is discontinued now and it had 150moa I used it on my bench rest rifle and it tracked perfect all you had to do was check and make sure the knobs were tight. I used it to get to 3000 yds in South Dakota on pd. Could pound the mound but never connected with a pd. The mount worked great.

I am interested in your results as you continue to test. I just picked up a set of Ivey rings. I an currently using a Cold Shot 150 moa base ( Moab 150 ) on my 338 Edge with a NF 8-32 BR scope and have been extremely pleased with it. It is 100% repeatable so far. I bought the Ivey's to see if they are as accurate and repeatable as the 150 MOAB based on comments by a couple of long range shooters. I won't have an opportunity to do more than get a 100 yard zero with them before the middle of the month but I will report back on how they perform, at least at 1K. If anyone else has used them it would be good to get that feedback as well.

GSpringer

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts