Barrett EX-Rings?

redneckclimbing

I am in the process of getting all of my parts together for a 338NM (getting down to the nitty gritty). I had problems with another build not being able to dial past about 1700 yds. This was with a 20 MOA base and a Leupold MarkIV.

My plan this time was to incorporate a 20 MOA base again and then use the 15/40 MOA Ex-rings. My question is, does anyone have any experience with these? How fast can they be adjusted and how accurate are they? I figured that I could put them on the setting I needed for the position that I am set up in. I would like to have a 300 yd zero and then be able to shoot this rifle well past a mile, but don't want to waste my money, bullets, and time, if they are not going to work.

Anyone with any experience with these?

I use an older version and they are rock solid. The newer ones have 20 and 40 moa setting and the older ones are adjustable with no setting. Meaning you can adjust it 10 moa or 34 moa or any other moa to suit your needs. If you are doing longrange with the newer ones you would probable set it at 40 moa and go from there. If you have a angled base as well you can maximize the internal adjustments of your scope to get the most from it,

Last edited:
I have two sets.
One on my .284win, 1200 yard comp rifle and another set on my .375 Cheytac.
I love them. Best set of rings made for long range rifles that will be used to the max distance.
Easy to set up and don't move. Some thought needs to be given as to which set to buy and what setting you will run them on.

Topshot-
How hard is it to change the setting, in the field? My thoughts were that I would like to have either a 200 or 300 yd zero on the 20 MOA setting. Then, when I went to really stretch it out, I could flip it to 40 and go form there.

Also, how accurate are the adjustments? I assume that you need to set them a certain distance apart on your rail for the adjustments to be correct. Any experience with that?

Thanks

Topshot-
How hard is it to change the setting, in the field? My thoughts were that I would like to have either a 200 or 300 yd zero on the 20 MOA setting. Then, when I went to really stretch it out, I could flip it to 40 and go form there.

Also, how accurate are the adjustments? I assume that you need to set them a certain distance apart on your rail for the adjustments to be correct. Any experience with that?

Thanks
They are not really designed for that. They are more for setting and then locking up solid and don't move without checking your zero etc.
Rail spacing is important to get correct angle.

I have the Barrett EX-rings 20-30 MOA set up on my Barrett 50bmg and I wouldnt use anything else! Extremely solid and when you set the pin for which ever setting you choose it is locked down with no movement! I've got close to 50 rounds on these rings from the big 50 and my zero is still perfect! I called Barrett when I was looking at the rings and they told me exactly which rings would work perfectly for my complete set up. Rifle, base, scope, etc.. Expensive but well worth the moneys you spend on them!

hope this helps, Eric

It does! I appreciate the feedback. The Barrett name means a lot but I did have my concerns about rigidity, those have been put to rest. It would be nice to just go the normal route of putting a 40 moa rail on it but the new rifle is a Defiance Deviant action with an integral 20 moa rail so I went on the hunt for rings

Call over to Barrett and they will get you all squared away with what rings would work best for your configuration. I would have though go the 40moa route with a 400yard zero but the tech talked me into the 20/30 MOA rings due to 40moa being to much. He was dead on with his figures because with my zero of 400 yards my scope is 4 MOA from the bottom, leaving me with 96 MOA internal adjustment and another 20 MOA in the reticles. Worked out awesome just hurt a little bit when I gave him my card number but well worth it! Lol

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts