It's a beer kinda of night ...

Found a tasty IPA in SW Florida…

Attachments

• D8402B42-C0D6-4D3B-8D81-8CE91B5E0159.jpeg
    D8402B42-C0D6-4D3B-8D81-8CE91B5E0159.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 53
I made -Brewed my own Beer for many years. Best beer I ever had, but came with a price. First is the $ cost of premium ingredients. A 2 gallon batch could cost at least $40-50 per batch (ten years ago) and you get 16 - Pint Bottles of beer @ 7to 12% Alcohol.
That is the easy part. Then you have to keep the "Batch" in a very temp controlled environment) if too cold kills the yeast, if too warm cooks too fast. I would have 2 gallon drums placed strategically throughout the house with thermometers/timers depending on the time of year and weather heat or air-conditioning was on. It was constantly brewing, moving, bottling, cleaning and starting all over. If you only had a pint every now and then and lasted 16 pints in four months (one pint per week) you are good to go. I had six different batches going all the time. If you were making a new batch you didn't know if you were going to like it until 3-4 months.
So if a "Batch" took three months to finish then you only had (16) Beers to drink and there was an expiration date of only a month or two to drink.
BEST BEER I ever had for sure, but you have to follow the schedule, if not a batch can go bad and all is lost.
I had and still have six or seven brewing barrels and about 140 bottles.
Maybe I'll start again. So much easier to pick up a six pack of IceHouse 16oz for $4.59 (5.6% alcohol) or Yuengling for $6.26.

I due confess that the brew I made for ever how long it took was the BEST beer I ever had and many a guest at our home said the same.
Now if I could just replicate Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon I'll be set. A great Southern Bourbon and a fantastic home brewed BEER!

I had all the brewing equipment too and cases of bottles, but that's when I had free time. It was way to big of a hassle to do it anymore and try to find time for family and work.
So I ended up recycling all the glass and junking everything else when we were re-modeling our basement.

I agree with you though, those were the best beers I've had. Probably because I could alter the mix for whatever hops I was craving at the time. It started to get hard to keep up with the drinking though, and towards the end, I would end up pouring more down the drain than my belly. That's when I knew it was time to stop.