Issues I have with E bike deer hunting want your thoughts

Easily, horse boarding stables are plentiful.
Just 10kms from where I live is a boarding stable with over 100 horses, because the city dwellers don't have their own space for a horse.
In the area around here at last count were 9 such stables.
Condo life doesn't exclude any one from horse ownership.

Would seem to me that should be blatantly obvious.
As I said the person living in an apartment is more likely to own an e-bike. The barrier for entry into horse ownership is much higher. - That should be blatantly obvious. This is the whole point I was making, more people are able to own and recreate with an e-bike than they are a horse. I know Canada has about 11 people per sq mile, which I envy. The fact is that there are a lot more people here in the States, if everyone that lived in an apartment that owned a bicycle or e-bike instead owned and stabled a horse that would be the majority of what we see - horse stables. Horse stables aren't as popular here as they seemingly are there. I never said that a person living in an apartment could in no way own a horse - it's simply more likely for that person instead to go and buy an e-bike and not worry about where they keep it as it can just be kept right in the front door.

A good friend lives in Washington state.
There was an area closed because of too many complaints.
She used to love going there to Cross country ski, but some skiers were griping about snowmobilers. So the problem was dealt with quick and easy, they simply shut it all down. No more hikers, bikes, skiers, snowmobiles, or anything else.
The whiners got their way, no more snowmobile use.
Lets see what are they can get shut down next my friend says sarcastically.
Boy I hope that people start reporting everything...not.
If someone can give me some names of places I'd love to hear of them. And again, I will say the problem is not the people reporting the rule/law breakers. The problem is with the folks who refuse to obey the rules, period.

Someone asked if we'd seen eMTB's out while hunting. The answer is yes. I've seen dozens of them the last few years, and nearly if not all were on roads/trails closed to motorized vehicles. Oddly enough, many of them had flat tires when their owners returned. Must've bumped those heavy things over a rock on the way in....

E-bikes are today's horse and given that it's only a matter of time until there is a further leap of technology to further extend the range of the battery expect to see them deeper in the hunting fields.

Many of us are approaching our twilight years, concessions must be made to time or are we going to sit on the porch in a rocking chair with a quilt over our knees lamenting about the good old days when we.....

Encountering an E-bike in a in an area where as far as WE know motorized vehicles are not allowed take a picture and report it, but keep in mind that each jurisdiction is revising/reviewing regulations on a somewhat regular basis or perhaps a dispensation was made, due to a disability.

Would I get an E-bike? If I still hunted off private property, definitely ! and given that it allows no significant advantage to a hunt like a side by side/jeep/4 wheeler then if a horse can go in so should an E-bike.

My feeling has always been no vehicle means no means of propulsion except under your own power, no horse, mule, lama etc. This point of view offends but that's the way it is.

Not directed at anyone but non judicial justice is just a no go from the start, might make some feel good and others think they just got what they deserve, but that is an even quicker way to have what we do ended or an area closed than people not following posted rules in the first place.

Not directed at anyone but non judicial justice is just a no go from the start, might make some feel good and others think they just got what they deserve, but that is an even quicker way to have what we do ended or an area closed than people not following posted rules in the first place.

While you are 100% correct, some people are not smart enough to understand that is how the system works.
They are going to whine about things, until the entire area gets closed to everyone.
Then they will whine about the closure.
We sat around a campfire this week chatting, and I brought up this thread. All 9 of us agreed that the complainers will be getting more and more areas closed, and they will not even understand that they are the reason.

Ken, who was 1 of the 9 along on our hunting trip this week, he told us about how he and his friends used to snowmobile into a beautiful area every winter.
A small but vocal few decided to complain, and try to get snowmobiles banned from the area. Well they were successful, no more snowmobiling allowed. But what they were not expecting was how they also got themselves banned. The government simply said since we are receiving complaints from some people, about others, lets just close it to all, problem solved. All i can say about those idiots is, well done cross country skiers.
Now you to lost the ability to use the land at all.
Backfired!

Not saying the same thing can't happen here in the USA, but currently the State of Wyoming is pushing back on Public Lands Government Over-each.

ETA:

Last edited: