Issues I have with E bike deer hunting want your thoughts

Get off of my high horse because I would rather future generations enjoy the same thing that I did, unmolested?

When I get to that point I know that I will be limited to roads and front country. You can bet, that when that time comes, there's no way I'm going to be taking my truck or anything else cross-country just to get somewhere that I can't walk to. Hopefully by then I'll have the horses that I'd like to have and take those as far as I was once able to. I don't think people should be taking motor vehicles anywhere that's off of a road. To me that's not that hard, when I can't do it anymore I sure hope that I have someone that can help me. If not then I probably can't do it anymore and that's okay too.
Yes. Get off your high-horse. There's heckuva lot of people that have all sorts of ailments, disabilities, and whatever that limits their mobility, and I have absolutely no problem with them doing what they can or have to, to stay active and enjoy what they have, and if you have a problem with them, then you have a really poor attitude, and I'm dang happy I don't or won't ever know you.

There is a time that we will all face that we can't do what we once could do. That's just part of the transition process of life. Its difficult to accept and the use of mechanical devices is perfectly ok ONLY if legal and used within the confines of the policy, rules and regulations (disability exceptions notated). There are NO guarantees in life that gives anyone the right to violate land access requirements. The narcissistic attitudes that we see day to day has no place in the land access discussion.

I am older than dirt, have serious back condition that is limiting. I know what I can do or not do. I do not expect nor DEMAND special access privileges. I accept my ability to access what I once was able to is now no longer possible. IMO, if someone is rationalizing the violation of access, the Genie is out of the bottle for rationalizing other violations.

You either respect the laws or you do not. Misunderstanding of laws are not unusual but there is an expectation that you, as a sportsman, will insure you know the regulations of where you are hunting. Research before you go, its YOUR responsibility. Every Agency had a contact number to get clarifications, use it.

I don't think anybody here is advocating for breaking the law. I certainly am not, but I don't understand the hate for e-bikes or the attitude that if you use one, you're somehow destroying the environment. That is some serious bologna right there.

I don't think anybody here is advocating for breaking the law. I certainly am not, but I don't understand the hate for e-bikes or the attitude that if you use one, you're somehow destroying the environment. That is some serious bologna right there.
This is just my opinion but my point is that if you turn the other cheek on people riding where they aren't allowed, others WILL follow.
One eBike does little damage, but later on as more and more take advantage there will be lasting effects just related to increased traffic.
Like I said, I wouldn't mind getting one if I could afford one but that's not gonna happen.

Taking one off-trail/cross-country is in many parts breaking the law. I said keep them on the roads and there would be no issues. You then said to get off my high horse because I don't want to allow people to go cross-country in their pickup.

So my day started out with the family on horses we rode 5 miles in and gained 1000 feet of elevation and on way back out ran into two hunters on e bikes. It frustrated me a lot because we were on blm land with no trails and no motorized blm section but what's your guys thoughts on this subject.

My post reflects OP statement of E-bikes in a section of BLM that was not even a designated trail. It doesn't matter to me what the motorized access is if it is not in compliance. The potential damage is completely irrelevant if access is not allowed. I expect land managers to do their job and evaluate what is allowed and post accordingly. I also expect people to comply with those requirements.

Think about it, is this any different than using motors on a lake that prohibits them? Virtually everyone would not disagree with this requirement but yet land is viewed differently. Why?

Think about it, is this any different than using motors on a lake that prohibits them? Virtually everyone would not disagree with this requirement but yet land is viewed differently. Why?
This same argument reminds me of the "no crossbows allowed during archery season in Montana" post that came up for me again today. People want special exemptions for them because of "reasons". For some reason this guy thinks I have problems with disabled people when I never once said anything like that.

He'd probably say the same thing he's saying here - "if they just used a little john boat with a battery operated trolling motor because they can't self propel a kayak then there shouldn't be a problem and you're being insensitive to people that want to do things but they can't because they have a disability"

When did I say that? I said there's a big difference in putting your own life at danger than there is destroying something that belongs to everyone. Yes, riding/driving a motor vehicle off trail can degrade the landscape. I personally don't speed…so that was more pointed at you since you're the habitual offender.

On public roads, your not risking just your life, but the lives of many.
Actually an electric bike out in the bush doesn't endanger anyone but the rider.
My aunt, uncle, and a cousin died last year because of a speeding driver.
I know 0 people killed by an ebike.

Speeding is a far more serious danger!!!!!!!

On public roads, your not risking just your life, but the lives of many.
Actually an electric bike out in the bush doesn't endanger anyone but the rider.
My aunt, uncle, and a cousin died last year because of a speeding driver.
I know 0 people killed by an ebike.

Speeding is a far more serious danger!!!!!!!
But you still do it...quite interesting. I never said E-Bikes endanger any person, I said using them off trail degrades the public land...How in the world are you coming up with this stuff? You guys can do whatever you want in Canada, I honestly don't care. If I see someone riding an E-Bike (or any motor vehicle for that matter) off trail in some of the places I hunt and hold dear I would definitely be saying something.

If it's so dangerous don't do it. You're the one that said you speed all the time.

There is a time that we will all face that we can't do what we once could do. That's just part of the transition process of life. Its difficult to accept and the use of mechanical devices is perfectly ok ONLY if legal and used within the confines of the policy, rules and regulations (disability exceptions notated). There are NO guarantees in life that gives anyone the right to violate land access requirements. The narcissistic attitudes that we see day to day has no place in the land access discussion.

I am older than dirt, have serious back condition that is limiting. I know what I can do or not do. I do not expect nor DEMAND special access privileges. I accept my ability to access what I once was able to is now no longer possible. IMO, if someone is rationalizing the violation of access, the Genie is out of the bottle for rationalizing other violations.

You either respect the laws or you do not. Misunderstanding of laws are not unusual but there is an expectation that you, as a sportsman, will insure you know the regulations of where you are hunting. Research before you go, its YOUR responsibility. Every Agency had a contact number to get clarifications, use it.

So which laws do you choose to break?
And don't bother lying and tell me you have not broken any laws.
My father is a Judge, and believes in laws, until he breaks them...I've seen him disregard the law with my own eyes.
Drinking under age, speeding, doing drugs, spit out gum, littered, cheated on their taxes, hit someone, dinged a car door, and on and on.
I watched a cop just today break numerous laws, and they should be leading by example.

But you still do it...quite interesting. I never said E-Bikes endanger any person, I said using them off trail degrades the public land...How in the world are you coming up with this stuff? You guys can do whatever you want in Canada, I honestly don't care. If I see someone riding an E-Bike (or any motor vehicle for that matter) off trail in some of the places I hunt and hold dear I would definitely be saying something.

If it's so dangerous don't do it. You're the one that said you speed all the time.

Yes I do, usually drive 4 kms/hr above the speed limit, so nobody behind me can say that i was holding them up.
I also drive half the speed limit when conditions dictate.

But you're the 1 saying a law is a law, but yet say speeding is fine.
Hypocritical much.

And being confrontational is a good way to get beat up, or worse.
Don't be crying and sniveling when you're bleeding.
Confrontation is a real good way to start something, I've witnessed it numerous times in my 28 years on earth.
Last guy who got in my face, got himself hurt.
I'm small, but quick, and took martial arts for years.
And I'm not nearly as likely to get physical as most of the people who I know.
You stop any one of the farms hands I work with, and start yelling or ranting at them, you can be certain that they will climb off that ebike and hurt you, and that includes the female ranch hand, she actually will probably be faster to throw hands and kicks than the guys.
Hunters are also armed...so you may want to think about the consequences of your actions, before it becomes too late.
If it was me you flipped out on, I would also be telling the guys once I got home. They would come looking for you!

The director of US BLM has what some would call a sketchy history of association with eco-terrorism.

Interesting that BLM now (2023) considers Non-Use (Conservation) as a criterion for Use classification.

Man everyone is getting real emotional about this.Chav im mostly in agreement but man, there is access for e bike and in some areas its likely better elk country than you have seen.This is coming from a lifelong MT guy that been all overMT,BOB,special tag areas,ID before wolf Gardnier back when...