• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED ISO Anti-Cant device...and advice

jklnoble

Looking to buy a scope level/anti-cant device. wondering what everyone's opinion is. not wanting to shell out the money for the flat line optics one. leaning towards the larue acurracy1st collaboration.

I've seen some pretty inexpensive ones on eBay that I have been tempted to try. They are the ring style with bubble. similar to the Vortex line (which runs $30-40 I think).

Looking to buy a scope level/anti-cant device. wondering what everyone's opinion is. not wanting to shell out the money for the flat line optics one. leaning towards the larue acurracy1st collaboration.

Anti cant devices, AKA scope levels, are not rocket science. Get one that is easy to see from your normal shooting position. Some hang out too far if your intended useage includes the ritual of pushing through heavy brush. I have both Sinclair and Vortex and use them on all my rifles. Cant, can and will, affect your on target point of impact.

MSP anti-cant device. About $30.00 and works great. I tried other brands that were offset and didn't like them as well. Gary

FWIW, i'm using the Wheeler folding anti-cant devices on my rifles, mounted on the left side for my lefty shooting (can't see with my right eye - so I can't mount it opposite side from dominant eye/trigger hand).

no complaints or problems so far - but my shooting is generally limited to 400 yds or less.

device does stick out from the scope when opened. I can't speak to whether it sticks out too far for someone using it on the opposite side of the scope from their trigger hand.

when folded, the device does not stick out any further than my turrets, so I haven't had any issues with the device getting hung up on brush, saddle scabbards or Eberlestock pack scabbard.

device's mount is narrow enough that it has fit in between rear rings and turrets.

Not sure if "best" or "best value" has as much to do with it as what will work for your eyes and your scope/ring set-up. You may need to try a few. If you are using a Schmidt Bender 5-25 with SPUHR one piece mount there is almost no room for any level. Standard rings give you more room and a SB 3-20 allows for more options.

When placed where the ring/scope layout would allow, there was only one level that my eye could focus on without breaking my cheek weld. That was the Holland. Tubb has a narrow ring for the scope but the bubble was too small for me to see. Same with Accuracy First and a few others.

I run US optics on my rifles now. Ran vortex levels before but once I switched to the US optics that is all I run. If I shoot in a competition I just remove the cap and stick it in my pocket or pack and run the level that way all day.

jk, I like the Holland. works well for my need and is reasonably priced.