• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Affordable Anti-cant Device

By the way a fella told me one time he shot a buck at 750 yards with a 30-30, He said he held about 2 ft over its back.Another one said him and one of his buddy's was shooting at a deer at 800 yards he said he shot at it with a .308 held 6 inches over it back and hit between its legs his buddy shot at it with a 6.5mm magnum held 6 inches over its back and shot over its back, he said know that a flat shootin gun.

If a sales person hears that sort of stuff coming out of a customer the next thing out of his mouth should be "Ya know, you seem like the right kind of skilled hunter that would appreciate a rifle and scope combo just like the one we have over here. It's been waiting for someone who knows what to do with it to take it home." and then hand him the fastest gun on the rack. Customers like that are obviously lying through their teeth but any sales man that says so should quit out of respect to all sales people everywhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Just dont lie about the products your selling.

I just re read my last post and the last line in no way was meant to sound like I thought YOU were not telling the truth about your scope level. I was only saying that all sales people should be honest about the products they sell.

I don't know if you read that last sentence and thought I meant anything bad, but if you did, I didn't. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I got my anti cant device from preda8or. They seem well made in my opinion and think they will do fine. I will order more in the future for all my scoped guns. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice touch, but why would you want to use steel over aluminum? US Optics puts together some very nice units but they are a bit pricey but you do get what you pay for. On youe particular model, I can't imagine the level lasting long in that location. I suppose on a bench gun it stands a better chance. What brand of rings are you using?

Also, I guess if the price of a replacement level-bublle, glue and time is low enough it really doesn't matter.

I have never broke one and no one that has bought them have had any complaints and I've sold several, But if you did happen to break one it would be no problem to fix

I too was concerned about the device sticking out to the side. I'm one of those "what if" kinda guys. However, after lugging the rifle around for a couple of hours and setting up in various positions I was impressed with what I learned about how much I was canting the rifle under different conditions.

The swivel based caldwell bipod and the anti-cant work well together.

Plus is I just a bit of a "cool" factor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Hey no problem. Anti cants are great. Still not sure why you would use steel, but we all know its almost always tougher then the low grade aluminums. US Optics makes a fantastic side swivel one.........more money but then less likely to get torqed off...... I'm sure they will work well anyways...

I used mine while shooting gophers this last weekend. It worked as expected and was not in the way at all. I will get some more for my other rifles as I upgrade the scopes.

Just put 1" version of mine on the Lupy--looks great and deosn't stick out too far. Nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Matt Roth