Is the Sendero SF II a good start on a LR rig ?

I miss my 300 rum sendero great rifles mine really liked the 180 e-tips too and 210 bergers,my go to powders were h-1000 and rl25,all this talk makes me want another!!!Best of luck.

I have a rem ADL action blueprinted with a Lilja sendero contour barrel in 300rum for my long range rig. I settled on 200gr accubonds ahead of 95.5gr Retumbo in Nosler brass and CCI mag primer as my loading. I tried a 210gr sierras and 208 amax but the accubonds shot slightly better for me, with less vertical dispersion. Berger bullets are pretty scarce in my parts. I have been getting under 1 MOA groups out to 1000 yards (.3MOA under 400yards), for 5 shots. I am still saving up for a nightforce, right now I have a 2.5-10 bushnell elite 4200 on it. You can shoot a 1000 yards with only 10x, but I would like more magnification.

I have bagged a few deer with this setup but none at long range. I get setup and then something walks out under 100 yards, happened twice now, I can say the 300rum is alot of rifle for a deer at 30 yards.

Happy shooting

Regarding the .300rum being alot for a deer at 30 yards...check out my thread on 200grn accubond exit wound in the bullets section. Mine was at 50 yards...

The OP mentioned using a .300rum for long range target shooting. Well, maybe for a few shots now and then. The RUM's and other extreme overbore cartridges were designed for hunting....Firing only a handful of rounds a year after load development was done. The 7mm and .300 RUM will burn out a barrel in less than 1000 rounds. Maybe 300 rounds, maybe 900. Depends on how hot your loads are and how fast you work the bolt between shots.

Last edited:
It won't be a dedicated target rifle or anything. But I do need to be able to hit a paintball at 200 yards. Then an egg at 500. It's a local competition every year.

Anyone have any experience with the new externally adjustable X-Mark trigger ? I just ran the weight screw all the way out of mine, and it seems fine. Actually feels very nice like it is now. Just seems like that screw sticking down would dig in during recoil.

Anyone have any experience with the new externally adjustable X-Mark trigger ? I just ran the weight screw all the way out of mine, and it seems fine. Actually feels very nice like it is now. Just seems like that screw sticking down would dig in during recoil.

I have that trigger in my m700 5r .308. I adjusted it a couple turns down to about 3 pounds
No problems, I really like it.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts