Is the Love Affair Over? (300BO)

I love it. Treat it for what it is. A modern .30-30. I really enjoy shooting 110-150 grain projectiles through it. A very capable and accurate 300 yard cartridge. The BO isn't going anywhere. We long range snobs (sarcasm) may get bored by it, but tacticool bubba who loves deer and hog hunting can't get enough of it. My dad was shooting it in his TC contender when it was the whisper and now with the explosion in popularity and bullet offerings, it's going be right up there with the 6.5G and .223 in sales.

The .300BO is right there next to .223 and 9mm in ammo sales. They can't keep it on the shelf. I really want to get a can and run them suppressed and make it that much more flexible of a platform.

The 300 BO is pretty easy to suppress. I follow a guy on You Tube that tests various suppressors with a meter. His numbers are pretty close with most of the suppressor designs he tests.

I'd say some one 10 feet away paying attention could tell my supers from my subs (which are broader line sub sonic out of a 16" barrel) but if that same was not really paying attention, I'm not sure they would notice a difference.

That said all of my suppressors are well made and designed so they tame down normal barrel length rifles very well.

For fun I got to take my 7 3/4 in 300 blk out to 300 this weekend. Once my can gets out of jail I'll probably try 500 with subs
228A9D9F-61ED-4F05-87B6-61D482E4BD65.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.