Introducing The OUTCAST

Well I got the rifle all bedded in a Manners LRH stock in Elite Swamp camo I believe. Hawkins M5 Obermyer bottom metal,

The action is a Defience OUTCAST with a 26"Brux .45 Modified Sendero, fluted and a Hankins self timing brake.
Bix&Andy Sport Pro Tactical 2 stage trigger.
NF NX8 4-32 SFP, MOAR in Hawkins low 30mm lightweight rings.
This is not the best photo, I needed to get shooting ,My father and I are leaving for a Kansas whitetail hunt next week, I will get a better photo when I get time.
It was 105* today while breaking this SML in and working up a load today.
300gr and 303gr Pittman Aeromax bullets
105gr of H4895, CCI 250,
MV 3090fps with an ES of 1 for ten shots. Yup you herd that right extreme spread of 1 for 10 rounds! Did I say I love this thing! The mirage was horrible and we had switching winds up to 15mph withe several different wind conditions going at once since we were shooting in an old rock quarry. It was a 2 he drive and forgot to bore site, just threw the new scope on and let one fly. It was 7 moa high and wind age was perfect. So I came down 7 moa and was right there at the top of the bullseye, I shot #2-#6 one right after another as fast as I could because I wanted to get done before it got ai to the triple digits! Needless to say the layed all in the same hole about 1/4moa high. I made a 1/4 moa adjustment down and shots #7&#8 go into the same hole, shot #9 I dropped, the mirage was horrible and so was the sweat in my eyes, lol. You can look at the target for the rest of the info but it sure does like to shoot small.
I then put all the environmental's into my range finder and Kestrel and shot 4 at my flat target rock at 680yrds, I shot a 13/4" group with a perfect waterline. I called it good at this time due to the 105* weather. This gun is so much fun I think I will be building a .40 cal to shoot the heavy Pittman Aeromax 350gr. 😎
Welp if you miss in Kansas it sure as Hell NOT the rifle. Just beautiful muley. Just beautiful. I think i have about 4 weeks till i get mine done. Congrats and Best of luck in Kansas.

More detailed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220904-012356_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20220904-012356_Samsung Notes.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 63
I have an order in for McWhorter 45 xml. 26" Brux
Bordon action
LRCustoms Muzzle Brake
Mcmillan Pinnacle stock [McWhorter exclusive]
Topped with NF ATACR 5x25. Mill C. Reticle.
I freaking can't wait.
Ohhhh you are going to Love that BORDEN Action! They are the Best action made in my opinion. I have 5 of them. There Muzzle loader action looks great. I also really like this Defiance OUTCAST, I can't believe how god it shoots, that target I posted is the first powder charge I tried in it.

Ohhhh you are going to Love that BORDEN Action! They are the Best action made in my opinion. I have 5 of them. There Muzzle loader action looks great. I also really like this Defiance OUTCAST, I can't believe how god it shoots, that target I posted is the first powder charge I tried in it.
So basically you haven't even played with her. Lol. Wait till you get some real range time when it cools a bit more. Multiple powders, bullets etc. Then you'll see what she really is capable. Looking to interject more on this forum when she is done.

In the mean time i put together what i consider my WOODS gun. TC encore action Hankins bull barrel with brake and a nicer stock he had. Just put together a day ago so haven't shot it yet but its a 45 cal also. Fast picture not a great one but you get the idea.

Attachments

• 20220901_163623.jpg
    20220901_163623.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
So basically you haven't even played with her. Lol. Wait till you get some real range time when it cools a bit more. Multiple powders, bullets etc. Then you'll see what she really is capable. Looking to interject more on this forum when she is done.

In the mean time i put together what i consider my WOODS gun. TC encore action Hankins bull barrel with brake and a nicer stock he had. Just put together a day ago so haven't shot it yet but its a 45 cal also. Fast picture not a great one but you get the idea.
Yup, those were the first shot fired through her. I'm taking my Dad and a buddy to Kansas ML hunting, leaving on Friday from Ca.My buddy lived with us when we were in high school because his dad was an A#s, so my dad has been like his father for the last 40 years. My dad is 85 so its going to be a great time, we will be hunting for 8 days and then making an extended road trip out of it. She will get christened next week,LOL.

Yup, those were the first shot fired through her. I'm taking my Dad and a buddy to Kansas ML hunting, leaving on Friday from Ca.My buddy lived with us when we were in high school because his dad was an A#s, so my dad has been like his father for the last 40 years. My dad is 85 so its going to be a great time, we will be hunting for 8 days and then making an extended road trip out of it. She will get christened next week,LOL.
Time with your dad is priceless. Have the best time. Best of luck to you all.

Any updates on the hunt & rifle performance?🤔
It was a bust! The outfitter We went too did nothing of what he said he would, no prep work at all. Accommodations were crap, food was worse than crap and that's if we got it....3 mornings cook didn't even show up and when I looked no groceries so I could cook. It was supposed to have double blinds with stair access for my dad so I could hunt with him... no double blinds and they put my dad in a 25" ladder blind the first morning, he's 85 years old. Then I find out from the guide that they didn't even put cameras out or do any type of scouting like they normally do, he was embarrassed and frustrated. The owner told me he was sorry but his priority was was working on the other house next door that he uses for lodging.When I mentioned about the cook not showing up the owner told me it wasn't like any of us were starving. I was ready to knock him out!
I had to leave early before I lost it and something bad happened. I was so ****ed off I drove from Stafford, Kansas to Salt Lake, Utah just stopping for gas.

Last edited: