Introducing the MADJAC Rifle!

Muddyboots

Bet I caught your eye with this one! So after 2nd glass of wine the other night I started to think about a recent thread on action lengths and what a PITA they are for certain cartridges and I jokingly said we needed an "Accu-Action" that was adjustable!

So I was thinking "why not"? First and foremost you need a glitzy name but decided against the T-Rex killing CM since it was too COMMON now. So I added Muddyboots+Adjustable+Action+ Chamber=MADJAC! Or should I say Voila! MADJAC!

We now have the PR dream! You can MADJAC-ally transform your rifle to any action length and chamber through minor adjustments!

So here is the off the wall out of the box thought:
1 - the receiver is either threaded or splined at the end of the ejection port of the receiver so that the section between the end of the port to the barrel is removable and comes in 4 different lengths: SA, MA, LA and Mag. This will allow you to select the action length you want for high BC bullets etc.
2 - the bolt body is sectioned like a Savage so you select the correct bolt head and length for the action length
3 - here is where it really gets off the wall: the chamber is a sleeved segment that is splined into the barrel so you can select the cartridge you want for the bolt head you selected. Furthermore, you can select a "chamber" that is designed for the throat you desire as well. Now you can remove the "chamber" as the throat wears and replace or just replace with different chamber to accommodate a different BC longer length bullet.
4 - the barrel is secured with "Savage" nut that also secures the chamber and receiver int one solid piece.
5 - the stock is fully adjustable for LOP and comb
6 - still working out the kinks for magazine metal and lengths yet.
7 - additional thought on barrel adjustable twist rate in works.

Too bad this wasn't April 1st!

I'm drinking bourbon on the rocks, and I think you are getting the Medal of Freedom for this one. I would name it Gumby or Stretch Armstrong if we slightly violate some trademarks. Possibly Wham-o might work. (Slurp...)

Ok now I am working on an adjustable twist thought process where you have a flexible rifling sleeve where you can twist a muzzle cap that adjusts the rifling twists. This is so bizarre of a thought that it might work😂😱🤙

I think I need to drink some of your kool-aid.
It's 5:00 clock in the UK, and that works for me. So I'm going to substitute Blanton's on rocks until you tell the name kool-aid you're having. LOL !

Dull gray day with rain here, so may need more than one.

Keep the twisted brain teaser's coming.

P.S. Don't send snow!
Tommy

OK no snow but it was -10 last night, and would rather send that to you! Had 8-10 couple days again and still cleaning mess up. Maybe 2-4 Thursday night. 5 weeks to spring!

Ok now I am working on an adjustable twist thought process where you have a flexible rifling sleeve where you can twist a muzzle cap that adjusts the rifling twists. This is so bizarre of a thought that it might work😂😱🤙
might as well put in sleeve inside that sleeve so you can adjust the caliber as well. It'd be silly not to.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.