Introducing the Absolute Hammer

I don't think we are seeing diminishing returns in larger dia but in larger powder capacity. Not sure if I am smart enough to figure out why, but here is my theory. I think the combined weight of the bullet and powder charge create the the pressure against the brass and action at the initial ignition without creating the extra vel. So if you compare a rum to an 06 with 178g AH the total weight for the 06 is 240g and the rum is 280g.

Or the pressure of 100g of powder burn just can't get much more speed regardless of projectile design. We know it isn't a ratio of overbore but so far it looks like just a volume issue. I have a feeling that with the big capacity cartridges we may be able to achieve the same vel with a much shorter barrel. We have a short barrel 375 lapua imp that should be done soon that we can compare with our 30" rifle in the same cartridge. Actions are not equal but should give a good comparison.

What I see it is the design of the bullet cuts down the friction. More friction increases pressure. On higher volume of powder, I believe they said there wasn't much increase of velocity at a point in time. High chamber pressure, which is our enemy in achieving velocity. Again in the early 2000 with Barns bullets I felt that the copper bullets were harder to conform to the rifling in the barrel that created higher friction, higher chamber pressure at the same time. Twist rates may have been my problems too. Bullets being longer stabilizes better with quicker twist rates. Correct me if I am wrong or where I am wrong at. Copper bullets don't have the weight per volume as lead does, Lead is to much weight to get the length wanted to get a more stabilized bullet. There is three items I look at when building a round to hunt with. Accuracies, velocity for down range performance, and how it performs in taking an animal. Does it blood shot the animal, it doesn't create enough damage to put down the animal provided the animal hit correctly or shot placement.

Hammer came back to us that creating a 108g or 115g bullets, the bullets were getting to long to work through the action and chamber. So the 101g may be the final out come for the 6mm. I hope not but Whom am I am to say. I been working on building a 6mm rifle. I am down to chamber sizes. 6mm/06AI or Nosler 26 necked down to 6mm. Bolt length is something I been looking very hard due to the bullet length and chambering the cartridge with longer bullets. I will be talking to gunsmiths about these problems.

The patent is an interesting item too. Being that bullets have been built for over 200 years, and design have been coming and going for that entire time.

I am down to chamber sizes. 6mm/06AI or Nosler 26 necked down to 6mm. Bolt length is something I been looking very hard due to the bullet length and chambering the cartridge with longer bullets. I will be talking to gunsmiths about these problems.
Bullets that are 6x the length of the diameter seem to be the threshold for copper regardless of the spin. Perhaps Steve can comment.

Bullets that are 6x the length of the diameter seem to be the threshold for copper regardless of the spin. Perhaps Steve can comment.
So if I read you correctly that on a .243 max length is about 1.458". I will place that info in my notes on bullets lengths on copper bullets. Thanks!! Never to old to learn and a good day, when you learn something new.

It's a shame you're cranking out all these new bullets right as hunting seasons are opening up, that 139 might be the exact bullet I've been looking for!

Not sure if I missed it. Has a heavier 25 caliber AH been released? Think I seen a 90 grain a few days ago.

I finally got out today to do a powder charge test with the 123 grain hammer absolutes.... This is a factory 6.5 PRC browning x bolt HCLR with a 26" barrel and limited COAL to a factory magazine length, feeds flawless without any issues. I had 35 total rounds on this barrel before testing. Here are my results, I stopped as I will work on grouping next... maybe with 57.5 or 58.0 grains? Aloha

I also shot some 134 gr shock hammers today as this was a starting load I made before learning about the absolutes. Very happy with the results and it will be a back up load if I can't get the absolutes to shoot. But I just can't ignore it's about 600 FPS slower!!

Attachments

• B79C5A5E-53DA-46E6-8458-0A5ABCD59CAC.png
    B79C5A5E-53DA-46E6-8458-0A5ABCD59CAC.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 227
  • E7D3F594-E356-46C2-AD77-F56B87FEE0AD.png
    E7D3F594-E356-46C2-AD77-F56B87FEE0AD.png
    31 KB · Views: 218
  • 3BA06FD6-ADB6-4FFF-A594-C5398D58EDED.jpeg
    3BA06FD6-ADB6-4FFF-A594-C5398D58EDED.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 240
  • 7F023986-AA22-478C-8816-9E5E90900295.png
    7F023986-AA22-478C-8816-9E5E90900295.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
What I see it is the design of the bullet cuts down the friction. More friction increases pressure. On higher volume of powder, I believe they said there wasn't much increase of velocity at a point in time. High chamber pressure, which is our enemy in achieving velocity. Again in the early 2000 with Barns bullets I felt that the copper bullets were harder to conform to the rifling in the barrel that created higher friction, higher chamber pressure at the same time. Twist rates may have been my problems too. Bullets being longer stabilizes better with quicker twist rates. Correct me if I am wrong or where I am wrong at. Copper bullets don't have the weight per volume as lead does, Lead is to much weight to get the length wanted to get a more stabilized bullet. There is three items I look at when building a round to hunt with. Accuracies, velocity for down range performance, and how it performs in taking an animal. Does it blood shot the animal, it doesn't create enough damage to put down the animal provided the animal hit correctly or shot placement.

Hammer came back to us that creating a 108g or 115g bullets, the bullets were getting to long to work through the action and chamber. So the 101g may be the final out come for the 6mm. I hope not but Whom am I am to say. I been working on building a 6mm rifle. I am down to chamber sizes. 6mm/06AI or Nosler 26 necked down to 6mm. Bolt length is something I been looking very hard due to the bullet length and chambering the cartridge with longer bullets. I will be talking to gunsmiths about these problems.

The patent is an interesting item too. Being that bullets have been built for over 200 years, and design have been coming and going for that entire time.
I am certainly not trying to tell you what to do. But a 6/06 ackley or a 26 nosler necked down is far too much case capacity for a 6 in my opinion. Years ago I had a 243 catbird. Basically the same as a 6/06 ackimp. I gained very little speed over the 240 weatherby.

Got a little data on the 30 cal. 162 AH in a 22 inch kreiger, 308 win peterson srp brass, cci 450, h-4895 46.0 was max in this rifle at 2927 fps 2.970 COAL 20 thou off the lands not to shabby for 22 inch barrel that only has about 40-50 rounds on it .I will try groups later I would think cfe 223 or power pro 2000mr would put it over 3000 pretty easy

Got a little data on the 30 cal. 162 AH in a 22 inch kreiger, 308 win peterson srp brass, cci 450, h-4895 46.0 was max in this rifle at 2927 fps 2.970 COAL 20 thou off the lands not to shabby for 22 inch barrel that only has about 40-50 rounds on it .I will try groups later I would think cfe 223 or power pro 2000mr would put it over 3000 pretty easy
Mine showed up today so I'm gonna see what I can come up with