Introducing the .20 Primal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for Greg to come out with some ballistics on this one. I am thinking on him going with a Solid that is over 45gr++ and a BC G-1 around 270 or a Cup & Core 45gr with the same BC both going at 4,500 fps. The Solids can get there, Cup & Core Manufacture to match those speeds.
Then matching a Powder that will give consistency and accuracy.
We can't wait for the Parent Case, Bullet and Powder to be REVIELED!
Good luck Greg. Although you already figured this out or would not put up a Post on the "20 Primal".

That looks like a great candidate for the barrels that say they will replace them when shot out. Falkor? Maybe. What a varmit smasher
Ok never mind. Seems they are no longer around. Seems the lifetime warranty and claim that you can never shoot out a barrel didn't work. Probably to many people like me that love the over bore and had the same idea.

Sounds very interesting.
When we switched to the .20 caliber - .204 Ruger when they came out in 2004. Thought a great cartridge. LASER like and no recoil.
Love to see the data on cartridge and barrel length for FPS and with what bullet.
Looks like a winner!
Edit:
For a larger case for more horse power what bullet could it shoot for better BC. I only see Berger @40gr, Hornady @ 40 gr and Sierra @39gr.
Would like to see at least 45gr for this in a 1:6.5 to 1:7 Twist for an extreme BC.
I think Greg already has this figured out.
Berger makes a 55 grn for one of the big shops. Maybe grafs?

Sort of looks like a .22 CM or 6.5 CM necked down to .204. If so, a case full of the 4350's (43-44 grains) might get 150 fps (4-5%), about 4K fps, with 40 gr. bullet. Double base ball powder like Staball 65 might get 100 fps more. Pressures guessed at 62K psi.
Small primer brass availability would give advantage over .20-.22-.250. Sort of fussy to develop good loads. Would feed better than .20 6mm BR.

Screenshot (779).png

Last edited:
Sounds very interesting.
When we switched to the .20 caliber - .204 Ruger when they came out in 2004. Thought a great cartridge. LASER like and no recoil.
Love to see the data on cartridge and barrel length for FPS and with what bullet.
Looks like a winner!
Edit:
For a larger case for more horse power what bullet could it shoot for better BC. I only see Berger @40gr, Hornady @ 40 gr and Sierra @39gr.
Would like to see at least 45gr for this in a 1:6.5 to 1:7 Twist for an extreme BC.
I think Greg already has this figured out.
If I recall berger makes a 55.

My 20 Creedmoor gets 3920. 24", 39gr blitz, 1:10t. My accuracy node… I did load it faster, but groups opened up in my lab Radar would not pick up the velocity.
I have since retired my 20 practical and I sold off my 204 Ruger along time ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.