Injured and out

Heal up!!!

And I was feeling a little sorry for myself....

1000043514.jpg

The culprit...

1000043518.jpg

Wow! Man you took a tumble! Very glad that you could report in to us…..but, very sorry to hear of this and the extent of your injuries!

The Good Lord was taking care of you to get the proper care……now He'll continue to take care of you in healing! memtb

Last edited:
So I had a little wreck on my dirt bike and now in recovery hell. Not sure why I feel the desire to post, maybe give me a distraction to pass time.

I don't know what happened, memory has been blocked, pain replaces the comfort of normal life, and here we are.

We started a normal quick rip on our bikes, my brother and I, and set off on a fun filled loop in the woods. A few miles later i wake up with him trying to revive me. Unconscious, not breathing, and motionless. I am immediately hit with an intensity of pain I've never thought possible. I don't know what's wrong with me, everything! I can't breath, my back hurts, I cannot stand, sit, roll, or crawl. My lungs are gurgling, filling with blood, and I cannot get air, I'm hoping to pass out again, I don't want to be awake. I have to help my brother so I find a prayer position that allows me to somewhat function and communicate with him. We get coordinates to the EMS, now we wait. I just can't believe the pain won't subside so I can function. I've lost control and feel completely lost.

EMS responders begin pouring in and assessing the mess they've been dealt with. They coordinated and planned and in no time I'm on a flight to trauma care. At your worst moment they are the unsung heroes and I cannot tell you how grateful I am people do such incredible service.

The trauma care began their triage and loaded me up with pain meds to be able control my body. They inserted a chest tube and got the left lung inflated and my oxygen levels in check. Then I was off to the ct scan. Broken scapula, crushed clavicle, multiple ribs, grade 2 spleen laceration, punctured left lung. Rib count changed multiple times and it was never settled. 12 roughly.

A few days of trauma stabilizing care I was ready for surgery on my clavicle. Once that was done they pulled my chest tube to see if the lung would remain inflated and if so I'd be released to home care. Mixed emotions rolled in. On paper it sounds nice but the reality is that trauma care is staffed with exceptionally quality people paid to deal with you. They are battle hardened and unaffected by a patients pain, embarrassment, and anger. Even when you have no clue what is causing level 10 pain, they generally do. Pain is odd, it radiates throughout your body and doesn't always reveal itself. For the patient it can be a guessing game and annoying for everyone around trying to help. Healing is a journey with no defined end time line in sight because you have no clue how you are going to do and what detours are in store. You are just along for a ride that is out of your control. So I guess at this point I'm just trying to suck it up and accept it. Current situation is home care and dealing with intense abdominal pain that is slow to treat.
Prayers and s speedy recovery. Be well my friend! 🙏 🙏 🙏

Good thing you're in the shape you are in, or it may have been sayonara.
I had an accident with similar injuries, T-boned in front of a fire station. Lost four pints of blood by the time I made it to the hospital.
Every day is a gift.
Best of healing to you.
I hope your physical therapist is cute.