Get out and Vote on Tuesday!!!

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Remember Tuesday is election day and this is a critical vote to preserve our right to do what we love. If the Dems get control of the house and senate you can bet your favorite rifle they will be coming after our firearms.

Gun control has been a big topic of this election season but rest assured the Dems have their plans to dramatically change the sport we love so much.

Not that Republicans are perfect, they are not, but at least they are generally on our side concerning the 2nd ammendment.

Get out and Vote on Tuesday if our sport is important to you!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Sorry, one slight error!

Republicans vote on Tuesday, BUT Democrats are advised not to vote until Wednesday otherwise they could inadvertently vote for the Republican!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

edge.

Well we are now up to 6,934 members on the forum and I expect I am outnumbered 6,933 to one so I am not going to say who I am going to vote for.

If gun control is your push button issue (it is not mine obviously) then you really do need to go and vote. Both Kirby and Ballistic64 know the difficulties I go through to get a new gun (and a fine gun it was/is).

I see your location is the Potomac River, I hope that you are upstream from Washington /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

edge.

[ QUOTE ]

Get out and Vote on Tuesday if our sport is important to you!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Kirby,

You are of course correct; very well said; but it is unfortunate that it has to be this way.

I hate that our government officials, whom are sworn to uphold the Constitution & the Bill of Rights, are so eager to exploit its basic principals as a bargaining chip. Our basic rights and freedoms should not be an issue that is up for grabs. Too many have paid the ultimate price to make these secure. Kirby is right, go vote on Tuesday, but don't stop there, let your voice be heard as loudly and as often as possible. Support Gun Rights activist groups, enclose letters with your membership fees and donations; explain to them that they must be willing to work with both parties. Request a list of their corporate sponsors and support those that are willing to uphold the 2nd Amendment.
Most outdoor enthusiast are politically moderate; concerned for both environmental issues and civil decency. I hope we may, some day, be allowed to cast our votes based on other issues that pertain more to the operating policies of our government, rather than having to use our vote as ransom for our basic rights and freedom.
Dave

Kirby,

I strongly agree everyone should vote. However, I would encourage everyone to vote based on the individual candidate's views, not for any particular party. They do vary and not all Republicans are the best candidate on this issue or any issue and not all Democrats are bad. Here is the link to the NRA's analysis of candidates. You can click on it for your area and see there analysis of your candidates. In my area, they mostly favor Republicans, but in some races do favor Democrats.

http://www.nrapvf.org/

Also of importance for hunters and outsdoorsmen are a candidate's views on funding for public lands, conservation issues which are frequently embedded in the Farm Bill, and water policy.

Finally, here is a law passed as H.R. 5122 by the Republican controlled Congress and signed by Bush in October. It was included in a defense appropriation bill. Sometimes when you see a Congressman voting against what appears to be a good bill, it is because it is chock full of these kinds of truly frightening amendments.

So yes, most definitely go vote, but spend a few hours reading about each of your candidates before you show up and vote for the best candidate, not the political party.

SEC. 1076. USE OF THE ARMED FORCES IN MAJOR PUBLIC EMERGENCIES.

(a) Use of the Armed Forces Authorized-

(1) IN GENERAL- Section 333 of title 10, United States Code, is amended to read as follows:

Sec. 333. Major public emergencies; interference with State and Federal law

`(a) Use of Armed Forces in Major Public Emergencies- (1) The President may employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to--

`(A) restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States, the President determines that--

`(i) domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order; and

`(ii) such violence results in a condition described in paragraph (2); or

`(B) suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such insurrection, violation, combination, or conspiracy results in a condition described in paragraph (2).

`(2) A condition described in this paragraph is a condition that--

`(A) so hinders the execution of the laws of a State or possession, as applicable, and of the United States within that State or possession, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State or possession are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or

`(B) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.

`(3) In any situation covered by paragraph (1)(B), the State shall be considered to have denied the equal protection of the laws secured by the Constitution.\

I agree with you jeffbird,there are some very fuzzy lines between canidates when it comes to the 2nd Amendment.Although the NRA may rate a challenger or incumbent very high,it is by no means a guarantee when, elected/reelected,the representative is going to uphold or support pro-gun issues or any other issues the state elected them for.
A very good case in my own state of SD are two career polititions Tom Daschle and Tim Johnson.Both stood very firm and upheld pro-gun legislation for years and represented the states wishes,but eventually swayed to special interests and out of state pact money.I'd go as far as to say that Mr. Daschle thought he was untouchable at election time,but voting records arent top secret and dont lie.It was obvious he wasnt representing SD,and was ousted.
I agree with Jim that you shouldnt vote for a representative based solely on a single issue,but to me the pro-gun vote ranks right up there.There is only one reason politicians want people disarmed.You'll find it through out history,and it **** sure isnt crime control.

I agree. It is truly a sad day when we have to vote to protect something that is our given right.
I am a conservative and proud of it. This doesn't necessary mean I am a republican or a democrat I do not like liberals or anybody willing to change the moral responsibility of our forefathers. I do not like most lawyers and I do not like anti patriots, I think most judges and politicians are frauds, THEY CAN AND ARE BOUGHT DAILY. This of" course doesn't mean all of them. I think there are some with good intensions and they do try to do what's right. I am not a fan of all the give away programs this country has, and I do not think the education system that we continue to throw money at can be fixed. It must be reworked from the ground up. We should educate our own before educating others.( Fact most people coming to America for an education do not pay for it , we the tax payers do.) I do not have a problem helping people I think the original welfare idea was good but like everything you leave up to the government it gets messed up. Heck, we have the smartest, most powerful; technological military in the world (despite what jerk kerry says) the things the military can do are, impressive. To bad, the politicians, won't let them just get the job done. The military leaders are just side kicks to Washington. The other thing I want to say in an already long insert is. What the heck is wrong with these people wanting to protect the dadgum child molesters? If a fellow harms my daughter or son, I will end up in prison. They would send me to prison for hunting down the jerk after his 14 day stay in jail. You know, premeditated, but I'm sure they don't see it this way with the offender. He is sick, yes, if you have a sick cow you cut it from the heard so the rest don't get sick. "some things do seem to be an eppidenic, wouldn't you say?" This country has a real problem with this politically correct garbage. The politicians, judges etc. can not take criticism IF we think they aren't doing there job, fire there butt."VOTE" Instead we seam to have to powder their bum and everybody else that can't take criticism. We and companies must watch every word we say so we don't end up in court. Funny isn't it, the media has freedom of speech but who don't? Oh don't get me wrong I don't think bad manners and profanity are freedoms of speech they just exhibit how ignorant a person is. Why is it so hard to see for the liberals- Honor, integrity, morals, and responsibility to this country and the people that they represent, NOT for there own agendas.
The main reason that other countries are pulling this crud in the world is because they know we won't do anything unpopular. If there is a Bear trying to get in my house to harm my family or I feel threatened I will shoot the bear, problem solved!!! Even if the bear or PETA don't agree. Do what you have to do then make everybody feel better.

When you go to the poles to pick your lesser of two evils go prepared like the man says DO YOU HOMEWORK this country depends on it, your future depends on it, your kids future depends on it, our independents depends on it, our security depends on it, and our freedom depends on it.
Take the time to educate yourself on the facts because the media has a very bad habit of lying to you. I love my guns and hunting. I spent the first part of my life looking down a barrel at people. I do not want to do this in my own country. THINK BEFORE YOU VOTE!!!!!! GET THE FACTS, VOTE FOR THE GOOD OF THE COUNTRY.

I am sorry about the long reply, but this is very important to me and I hope you too.
GOD bless the United States of America. Who ever your god is.

RH <font color="blue"> </font>

voting for the individual candidates is great except that if the dems take over just 6 seats in the house, nancy pelosi will be speaker and feinstein and kennedy will be right at her heels trying to tie up anything positive for the rest of us, just so nothing good happens while republicans are in control. just as they have done the past 6 years.

our governor stated that if re-elected he will raise the state sales tax. can u guess what party he is affilliated with? guess who im NOT voting for?

Hey bb,

You may be politically skewed but you do have some redeeming features. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyone that can get along with the ID F&amp;G and BLM chicks plus complain about the water quality of the Salmon River has to have something going for them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers from Idhao, the most republican state in the union. But we're still a sad lot in some ways. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.