Independently verified BCs for Whiskey 3 Precision Bullets

Anybody know which dies corbin made? They do not look like the 10s die and I don't think the 10s can run an aluminum tip. Maybe a 6?

Corbin makes a variety of dies. I have 8s, .014" offset secant, and a new secant hybrid. I can run ballistic tips in any of them with the right point forming die and punch........Rich

Michael intends to conduct testing. At times life matters trump shooting. Hopefully we understand and endure patience.

All,

I know everybody has been eagerly awaiting some results from me regarding the 155s. At the time I offered, it looked like I had more time on the horizon. Not long after, my then ill father took a dramatic turn for the worse. I spent much of my 'free' time visiting him and my mom until he passed a few weeks ago. Between family and work time has been tight. I haven't been to the range for several months and haven't even been able to make it out hunting yet and doesn't look like I will be able to make sheep season this year which sucks. I've hunted them every year since 1999.

I still intend on getting this project complete and I apologize for it ending up on the back burner so to speak.

M

All,

I know everybody has been eagerly awaiting some results from me regarding the 155s. At the time I offered, it looked like I had more time on the horizon. Not long after, my then ill father took a dramatic turn for the worse. I spent much of my 'free' time visiting him and my mom until he passed a few weeks ago. Between family and work time has been tight. I haven't been to the range for several months and haven't even been able to make it out hunting yet and doesn't look like I will be able to make sheep season this year which sucks. I've hunted them every year since 1999.

I still intend on getting this project complete and I apologize for it ending up on the back burner so to speak.

M

Michael......I am sorry for the difficult times you are going through! There are a lot of things in life that are far more important than bullet tests. There is absolutely no rush, as far as I am concerned! I think most of us know what the outcome will be anyway. It is more a matter of just what is the correct b.c. I will pray for you and your family in regard to your loss.........Rich

Michael,
Very sorry to learn of the passing of your father. Much more important to tend to those personal family matters, even if it means some lost sheep hunting opportunity. Glad you were able to spend some parting time with your Dad.

No apologies required about any planned bullet BC testing. That's a trivial matter in comparison to a hunting season, let alone the death of a parent. My sincere sympathies during your time of loss...

Paul

Michael,
Very sorry to learn of the passing of your father. Much more important to tend to those personal family matters, even if it means some lost sheep hunting opportunity. Glad you were able to spend some parting time with your Dad.

No apologies required about any planned bullet BC testing. That's a trivial matter in comparison to a hunting season, let alone the death of a parent. My sincere sympathies during your time of loss...

Paul

x2!

Michael, I'm just curious but I was wondering if you had gotten a chance to finally test these W3PS bullets? I'm looking at buying some but wanted to know the "rest of the story" so to speak. Thanks man.

Personally I have not been able to get them to shoot well enough to verify BC, I shot 200gr steel tips in my 308, bullets should be nearly identical to the 215 Bergers I normally shoot, 215's group under 3in at 1000 yards and the W3P's would not shoot under 1.5 in at 100 yards. I've got some aluminum tip 200's but it's hard to get into it after such a poor start.

None of this comes as a surprise to me based on their performance in the infamous thread. I feel bad for the guys who took the chance though! It is too bad, because the design is good if the right people were doing it and were willing to listen and learn! Does anyone know if these guys are even around?..........Rich

The below is copied and pasted from the Whiskey 3 Precision Systems website - a small portion of their disclaimer:
https://whiskey3precisionsystems.com/disclaimer

**READ BEFORE ORDERING**

PLEASE READ THIS PAGE BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER

**WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE AND SALES TO WHOMEVER WE SO CHOSE!! **
In an industry that has become very cut throat and some companies that steal other companies ideas and make small changes to try and pass them off as their own Whiskey 3 Precision Systems LLC and its partners reserve the right to refuse service and sales to those in the industry we have deemed a conflict of interest with our company and if you do happen to order products we will just reverse the sale and cancel the order.

Whiskey 3 Precision Systems currently advertised BC values for their rebated boat tail .308 bullets, again copied/pasted from their web site:

W3PS Rebated Boat Tail -
Grain Ballistic Coefficient (B.C.)
155 grain TAC-PM™ RBT 0.5707
168 grain TAC-PM™ RBT 0.6184
175 grain TAC-PM™ RBT 0.6444
200 grain TAC-PM™ RBT 0.7364
210 grain TAC-PM™ RBT 0.7732
220 grain TAC-PM™ RBT 0.8101
230 grain TAC-PM™ RBT 0.8469

Berger's advertised BC values:
230 gr Match Hybrid OTM Tactical .308 230 0.719
300 gr Match Hybrid OTM Tactical .338 300 0.818

I noticed that W3PS extends their advertised G1 BC values out to the ten thousands (0.000_) place. Their method of BC determination must be exceptionally accurate.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.