inaccuracies with custom turrets vortex

Freedom2live

Well after looking up custom turrets for viper vortex pst 6x24x50 moa. I noticed under hand loaded section it doesnt give an option to add bullet coefficient or bullet weight.. I emailed them and they said oh just pick a load from factory that matches and you'll be fine... ???
I am not happy at all, than they say (kenton) only make g1 custom turrets, well I shoot berger and amax which are not g1 but g7.. g1 is flat base bullets and g7 is boattail more coefficient. . Not happy

simple fix just shoot the turrets it comes with is it really that hard to dial 14 moa if that is what it calls for. bdc turrets are a gimmick just to many variables from day to day that I wont trust them

any ballistic table on the web will work you plug in you load data and you dial what it tells you. It says 15 moa you would dial 15 moa no matter what kind of scope you have. if you have a mill based scope just switch moa for mill. I like jbm and have strelock on my phone. g7 is another one plus a search will probally bring up 20 more so pick on you like and run from there

simple fix just shoot the turrets it comes with is it really that hard to dial 14 moa if that is what it calls for. bdc turrets are a gimmick just to many variables from day to day that I wont trust them

Winner winner chicken dinner.

I have yet to see a "custom turret" at a match. A good chronograph, a kestrel with the horus atrag , a good rangefinder, and good load development with a low sd seem to be working for me.

I get the CTS labels from the site sponsor for my local area. Since 90% of my hunting is done here around the same time of year (thus similar atmospheric conditions) and pretty much everywhere I hunt here the elevation varies less than 1000 feet. So under these circumstances the labels work great. And when I travel the label still has the MOA marking on it to dial by my ballistic program just like I would without the label.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.