custom turrets??

I have a Kenton knob on my 6x284 and it works great...but.... when I ordered it I just filled in the ballistic info on the order sheet IE: bullet weight, speed, scope height etc etc, and the first one they sent was junk. it was at least 100yds off with every adjustment....to their credit when I called they asked if I could send them the correct drop info, which I did, and they made me another one free no charge. I would highly recommend this method as their ballistic calculater didn't get it right. AJ

What is wrong with the turrets on the scope? Don't like pigeon holing my self into one load and not being able to change variables.

Inside 500 yards variables have a small "enough" change of POI. But, for $20 you can get them for another set of variables, if you are going to possibly be beyond 500 yards. Of have the custom turrets also include MOA and have the best of both worlds. Then you will never be "pigeon holed".

Of course, like any system you can learn to adjust with what you have, MOA, MIL or yardage.

Last edited:
What is wrong with the turrets on the scope? Don't like pigeon holing my self into one load and not being able to change variables.

The scope I refer to in an earlier thread originally shipped with a set-up turret calibrated in 'clicks.' One is supposed to send them the data and they would produce a custom turret for $50. Then one could get a set of "pigeon holes" for various conditions at $50 additional each. As time passed, I didn't want to do that every time something changed in the ballistic profile.

Unfortunately, they wouldn't produce a MOA turret for the scope. In fact, when I asked for one a few years ago, they hung up on me. I forgot their number and found a different way to build a MOA turret. It's what works for me.

Inside 500 yards variables have a small "enough" change of POI. But, for $20 you can get them for another set of variables, if you are going to possibly be beyond 500 yards. Of have the custom turrets also include MOA and have the best of both worlds. Then you will never be "pigeon holed".

Of course, like any system you can learn to adjust with what you have, MOA, MIL or yardage.

That is probably my biggest problem with these turrets as some don't want to learn they think that it is some kind of magical witch craft that by just putting it on their scope they will be capable of shooting far.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.