In your opinion: Most important cartridge component.

What’s the most important component?

• Powder

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • Bullet

Votes: 50 56.8%
  • Primer

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Brass

Votes: 16 18.2%

• Total voters
I voted for the obvious choice...the BULLET.
This does all the work from rifle to target. If it doesn't do it's job, then it was a poor choice and the other ingredients used, apart from the brass, were wasted.
I can live with less than stella accuracy when hunting, heck, I can even live with using a less than stella powder, but I can't live with poor performing bullets on game.
I drank the Berger CoolAid, have regretted it more than half a dozen times now, like all bullet brands, some don't do what you think they will EVERYTIME.
My choice was poor.

Cheers.

Since a cartridge is a system, all of the components are necessary for it to function. That being the case, I tend to place priority and on the bullet, particularly for hunting where both accuracy and terminal performance are critical for success.

We'll call this concluded among us then

Seems the thing most people are particular about is bullet selection, powder and brass about tying for second, most people agreeing most any primer is fine.

some who voted for primer I think were doing so out of a place of needing them and not having them...that wasn't at all the question but it's all good :).

there were the inevitable "they're all important" responses, but again, all good, knew that was gonna happen.

until we talk again in another unimportant and provocative poll thread....

Cheers, thanks for the debate!

Recent Posts