IMPORTANT REQUEST

Idaho,
This is not an attack on anyone, but the whole request sounds kind of weird. If I was going on a contract job in the sandbox, I would make **** sure that I had all of the appropriate information to terminate my target in the quickest and most efficient way. Also, I know the "civilian contractors" and military don't always see eye to eye, but ceg had very good points. I also thought that he had very good intentions and deserved no attacks, muchless the disrespect.
Again, I'm not attacking anybody I just saw the whole thing a little weird.
Be safe,
Brandon

[ QUOTE ]
I just saw the whole thing a little weird.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey duck. I just used this quote cuz it fit my next thoughts. Nuthin' against you.

Am I the only one who thinks this all started with a simple, albeit urgent request for gravity information. I don't know why the reason matters since it is something that can be gathered quite easily by anyone with either good or evil intent.

Am I wrong? Please politely let me know if I am and then I will quickly "oops" this post (Like the one I made first above) and shut up.

Forky,
You are right, but I just can't understand why someone would be in that situation and not have that critical info. Then again I don't know the whole story. Maybe I'm a idiot, I just don't know. I don't like to put myself in the middle of conflicts, so forgive me if I spoke up in negativity. I surely didn't mean any harm. I enjoy all of your company and stories. Your stories and info are valued and can turn a bad day into a good one.
Thanks guys,
Brandon

Thanks for those who have helped.

There is a very simple and typical government logistical reason why this situation occurred. However it would be inappropriate for me to get into why some things did not arrive and why we have had to make do for the time being.

It would be funny and most of us would roll our eyes in other circumstances. It is not funny right now.

Reference the snide remark about the US FOB protecting us: We are not anywhere near one. If we were I could have solved some of these issues already. It is that simple and I do not wish to discuss it further.

Shawn,

I replied to your email, hopefully it will get through.

BTW, I am having one of my personal guns rebarreled to .260 rem. while I am away. 700 action, Lilja tube, blah blah, typical set up. When I get back I will hit you up for some data for it.

What bullet weight are you using in yours, what brand tube and twist rate?

Happy hunting to you guys. I am bummed I am missing rockchuck season. Keep posting pics of your hunts.

IdahoWoodsbummer

IdahoWoodsBummer,

Again, I apologize if this came off a bit harsh. I don't know you, and only hope that it works out for you and your guys.

When Shawn mentioned that you were a former cop, I was regretful to say the least, for ever posting.

Godspeed in your endeavors. Oh yeah, while there, do it to them before they can do it to you.

v/r

Charles

Ceg1963,

Thanks, I know it was an odd request. However, it is far from the strangest thing I have seen while doing this job.

One thing is for sure. The skills used in long range hunting and competition have a very real use in other environments.

Safe shooting,

IdahoWoodsbummer

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.