im new!!!

sniper_308

from what i have read of u alls post yall all seem to be nice and likeable! unlike the other forum i was in!!! it was nodak outdoors? i hated all the older guys thought that us "kids" shouldnt be there. although i am 14 years old i know quite a bit for my age. i love hunting and it has always amazed me how guys pic off deer and g-hogs at 1,000 plus!!! well just thought id tell yall im new!!!
smile.gif

Welcome aboard! There's lots of info here, past and present, should steepen the learning curve in your areas of interest.
smile.gif

Welcome... wow 14... I understand how you feel in respect to getting little respect. I used to hang around the guys at the gun range and wished they would have included me in their conversations.. here's how you can get the respect at that age..

don't talk in terms of "picking things off" or "blowing crap up"

instead

talk about , " how to obtain long range accuracy" and " hitting targets efficiently"

don't talk about " that bullet is freaking huge" talk about , " that cartridge is interesting, what is the recoil like?"

it is all about how you present your interest and how mature you are in relationship to the topics discussed. Unfortunatly, around firearms and weapons if you talk, act and react like a kid.. you'll get treated like one.... and you should!

Just a little advice.. been there.. done that...

Welcome again!

sniper_308
It does not matter how young or old a person is, or how little or how much firearms experience a person has. It all relates back to one issue. Respect for others.
Always remember, no matter what you decide to do in life or what interests that you decide to take interest in, there is always someone out there that knows more than you or knows something that you have not learned yet, whether they are older than you or younger than you. And you yourself are going to know things that many others do not.
People that run around half-cocked, shooting off their mouths, thinking that they know more than everyone else, and especially being improperly educated, are the bad apples that always seem to ruin a good thing.
And these are the kind of people that the shooting sports do not need, especially in our present political society.
Its all about preserving our 2nd Amendment to the utmost of our abilities through the proper training, educating, and respect of each other.
Other than the issue of respect for others the shooting sports also involves a great deal of responsibility. If we as shooters had an irresponsible lack of responsibility, the statistics would be totally out of our favor and the 2nd Amendment would have been abolished years ago by the Liberals.
This reply is not out of disrespect for you sniper_308. This reply is a general reply for everybody whether they take interest in the shooting sports or not, Pro-gun or anti-gun, Liberal or Conservative.
There is a reason our Forefathers wrote up the 2nd. They did not write it up so that we can go deer hunting in the fall, go shooting at the range, or to shoot at a competetive level. They wrote it up because we "The People" have a responsibility to not allow a totalitarian government to take over the people. Well, everyone will have to make their own assessment from this point on.
The Governor (my wife) is starting to holler at me because I am going to miss my daughter's 2nd birthday party.

Welcome sniper_308

welcome, the fellows on this forum are nice and very knowledgeable.You can learn much if you apply yourself.Thank you for entering the sport we need many more young people.
Sniper2

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.