I'm more confused than a dog at a hub cap factory!!

mcm1209

Kyle:
Can't go wrong with a Leupold VX3 4.5-14x50. Get it
$720 w/CDS

Cody:
If your going to get a $720 leupold get a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 it's only $180 more.
$899 minus $50 mail in rebate

Hunter:
Man Leupold and Zeiss are the same company now. Get a Nikon Conquest 4-16x50
$530

Red:
I agree with Hunter. Very good scope for the money! Can't go wrong with it.

T.J.:
Get a Bushnell 6500 Elite or a Weaver Tactical.
Both around $600

I have only looked threw the Leupold and the Zeiss and in my opinion the Zeiss does look brighter.
This would be going on a Weatherby Vanguard S2 .257
Really need to see what you guys think about all this confusion I just got slammed into. If it wasn't for them I most likely have bought the Leupold already.

Thoughts and suggestions

Thanks in advance!

#1 Leupold and Zeiss are far from the same company. The Conquest is made by Meopta at the Meopta plant in NY.

#2 if you are paying that much for a 4.5-14x44, you need to look harder because you are paying too much.....try looking here.

I think this just goes to show that if you ask 10 different people "hey what scope should I get", you will usually get 8 different answers in most cases.

That all being said I personally think you are buying a better optical system with the Zeiss Conquest over the Leupold. Better color, contrast, resolution, and brightness in my opinion. Don't count the Meopta out either. Like I said before they make the Conquest for Zeiss using the same glass they use in their own rifle scopes. They do a 6-18x50 in their Meopro series that should run you 599ish.

You are lucky that you live in today's time period because their is a great number of solid scope manufactures. Just need to find the one that fits you and your personal preference.

Either will do. I would only buy Leupold new in box from reputable dealer though. Or someone you trust.

I bought a 338 Lapua this week and the fellow really thought he had a Mark 4 on it but it was a chinese counterfeit.

I like the Nikon as well.

I think it comes down to personal choice. Eye of the beholder....pun intended:)

You have looked through two really nice scopes. At the distances the caliber you indicate, Go with your impression.

When I was looking at the Leupold and Zeiss I did notice the Meopta. It did look a lot like the Zeiss.
Now if I can get a 6-18x50 for $599 and get the Zeiss glass well I think I'm getting closer to a decision.

you might try the millett lrs-1 6-25x56 tactical for the money is one of the best scopes on the market ask around i love leupold i have 3 but best bang for the buck long range glass this scope is awsome check it out you wont be disapointed

If you want good advice, give more info.

How do you plan to hunt with this rifle? Woods, spot and stalk, long range glassing, etc.?

What range?

What type of reticle do you prefer?

Is weight a concern?

Do you plan to use a BDC reticle or turret, range card, or ballistic computer to compensated for bullet drop and wind?

Well I just bought me the Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 RZ800.
Everybody I mention to that I just bought me a .257 Weatherby immediately says long range. I want to take advantage of the gun. I don't want to be out target shooting and say "I should have".
I'm not on a lease now but I do plan to be on a lease next year. This year was the right rifle and the right scope.
What I want to do is sit up high on a hill and shoot. Won't be taking any shots unless I know I'll hit. This combination just expands my range immensely.
I did want to stay under $1000.

Thanks for the suggestions

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.