Im I an idiot

Stunning...the anti's tried for decades to stop us from shooting but it's the manufacturers, gun shops, hoarders and reloading manufacturers that have managed to accomplish it...strange turn of events !!
You can't include Gun shops.( or most gunshops)...we can only sell what we get from our suppliers! And my margins have not changed on anything I sell! But the prices to us have dramatically changed and mostly due to the hoarding, but the middlemen are racking it in...!

If you re-load them 8 times it should be don't you think! Enough to wait out the price!
Some can and some can't. I fall on either side of the table. I know I wrote able somebody the paid a lot for primers. Way to much. He told me he was a match shooter, and used large amount of items for those matches. Personally I don't get anymore than needed. Almost all items have been hard to come by in the last years or so. Some items have taken me over a year to purchase. I am still after one type of powder, that seem to just stay out of my reach. Seem like I am a day late, and a dollar short. 🙂. I'll just surf the net until I make a hit. I have a new rifle that I want to try some of these powders in. Not ever having to use them I don't know if I will like them or not. So I will have load some to seen how they work out. Developing a round for accuracies and velocity can take some time What the combination is going to be I don't know. I have ideals of what should work, but that's all. In normal years, if I see items on sale I will purchase some to stock up. These days things are hard to come by, so I don't try and get more than what I feel will do the job. I want others to be able to get those items, if needed too.
Powders seem to be coming back, but primers seem to be something that not coming forth.
What I don't understand is why the IRS would be getting millions of rounds of ammo. I don't hear of to many shot outs with the IRS. Can't be that much danger. The IRS has done this twice now. Once in Obama Adm, and now again in Dumb Bast**D Adm. It maybe with the new 87,000 agents, they'll need to strong arm us.

I know how you guys feel. I was down to 12 ounces or so of H4350. Today I was in Buds Gun Shop and Range in Sevierville, Tennessee and saw 8 lb. containers of H4350 for $400.00.

Attachments

• B48F76A9-8F27-4500-B965-16E9802C829A.jpeg
    B48F76A9-8F27-4500-B965-16E9802C829A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • 4F646648-61F9-4F85-BD09-6E68179880AF.jpeg
    4F646648-61F9-4F85-BD09-6E68179880AF.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
I know how you guys feel. I was down to 12 ounces or so of H4350. Today I was in Buds Gun Shop and Range in Sevierville, Tennessee and saw 8 lb. containers of H4350 for $400.00.
Look at Midway and Powder Valley, and Midsouth, and a couple of others. I don't know it with shipping it would be any cheater. You didn't say if you purchased any or not.
I don't know how much you use per year or month day, but if it's under a couple of pounds a year. There 1# pounders out there. The worst of that is the Hazmat and shipping charges add to it. They are around $50.00 per pound +.

I purchase an 8# in H4350 and H4831 last year, when the prices were still down. I haven't gotten any from that time going forward. I just watch what is available but looking for other powders. I have been a day late and dollar short. I did manage to get 2# of of Varget here the other day. That's it, I won't over buy nor try and short somebody else. I'd read here that somebody had 32# of H4350 and was going to buy more. Prices are high and people are adding to it.
I am getting close to developing loads for a 6mm/280AI. There isn't much out there presently on loads for that chamber. That doesn't create me a problem either. I presently think that 100gr Hunter is the bullet I am going to use, but what combination of primers, powder, I don't know for sure. I am after 2 more different powders, and possible a third. I will give all of them a look at to see what load I am going to use. I am a single base powder users. I don't use double base powders. I hunt in -20 to +100 degree weather. So I need to have a load that doesn't vary much in velocity.
The other is that it seem like that more powders are available on the market, and staying there longer to purchase. A good thing, and possible the inflation is getting to people pockets too Which is a bad thing.