I'm Done with a Bipod on My Hunting Gun

And then making the system even better is the phone scope attachment you have more zoom on your phone and you don't get the eyestrain and it's just plain easier to view. So you might not even need a heavy high power spotting scopeView attachment 299680
Yeah they're good for my 10x ELC's but I need a proper tripod and use a 6 BILLION $$$ carbon Manfrotto!!!! Not 6B but 600.00 and yeah it's worth it. I also use it for photo and videography so it's easier for me to swallow... HAHA We have LOOONG range looks out here!!!

Umm....spartan bipods are incredibly useful! Check em out if you hate the weight and balance of a mounted bipod! I have a sleek ,flush adapter mounted into the stock.
I keep it in my vest pocket. As I hustle into shooting position I can click it in place in a second or maybe two...extend the legs and boom. And also have an arca rail mounted closer to center since I often have a spotter and tripod. I hunt nasty, brushy nw Montana, the sagey Missouri breaks, etc...and I still often get shots prone.
But yeah, different tools for different shots.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here but I have no need for a bipod. Sure, I have one that I bought 25-30yrs ago, that I used for a little while ('cause it was cool, I suppose) while shooting from the bench. I discovered my groups were way better with a front rest and rear sandbag.
Hunting here in Eastern N.C., there's not a lot of places I want to plop down on the ground. Fire ants, copperheads, rattlesnakes and "cat-claw" briars abound. My neck as been fused since 2005, so it's not the most comfortable for me either.
My style of hunting (read as "shooting") is usually either fast paced with hounds, shooting off hand as they streak across pulp wood roads or harvested crop fields, to setting in a shooting house with a sand bag for the forearm and a shooting stick about the toe. This is steadier that I thought it would be and enables me to kill deer to the limit the current property allows, which is just under 600yds. The owner of the property has a nice office chair in the house, which is adjustable for height and tilt.
With all that, I will agree they are very useful tools/rest, in the right situation and in the right hands.

I really like having a tripod with arca. With my new purchase of the tripod I've switched over my spotter, binos and camera to arca so you can switch things out in seconds. The only issue is that if your using the tripod to shoot you can't video or spot with that tripod so you may need to have another. I'm going out in the morning to shoot off my tripod bfor the fist time. Pretty pumped!

Worked okay for me
My rifle was sighted in for 350yds (257 Weatherby ) I was thinking I'm gonna make a long range shot and have a story to tell. This guy was laying down but propped up looking at me,rack was way above the ears. Ranged him at 117 yds,aimed at the bottom of his neck and whop,bullet made same sound of praire dogs impact. But key of my story is this dude feed on alfalfa . I grabbed a horn to pull him to my truck ( I was alone ) I couldn't pull that dude 20 feet with out huffing and puffing ( I'm 64) so I was able to drive my truck right up to him.( If I shot him at 300+ yards and couldn't get my truck to him,I'd of been in a world of hurt) Next lifting him up onto my tail gate . HOLY sh--- I thought antelope were the size of big dogs,I had to bear hug him twice just to get him up. Then field dressing him ( My first big game animal that I did) I was reading and watching you tube videos all that week. Dang two hours of hard ,but wholesome good work. Well that's my story.

Long legs Harris bipod for me , gets you above the grass , 450 plus yards I'll have to re think it as a rear bag is a must over that range
A buddy of mine had one and he really liked it. I didn't care for it because that weight made my swing weird and unruly. But I really need to rethink this due to all the new quick detach adapters. Or go back to carrying two rifles for at least varmint hunting.