If your thinking of getting a silencer and want to know more, ask a ?

It all sounds like WAY too much hassle! I'm not a hoop jumper and don't plan to start.
No one has proven they make a rifle more accurate just quieter? So it looks like 1500 bucks and who knows how long of wait and it just puts you on another of their lists!
For what really? Put that 1500 in ammo and practice! I bought a rifle that has a Thunderbeast thread over break on it I'm changing it out for an Area 419.
most do shoot better. less recoil lass jump, less flinching, but if your an awesome shooter with no room to improve then no. plus you can get a great can with the stamp for 600 to 800. 1 trip to the local PD and get fingerprint cards, go to rite aid store and get 2 photos, take 10 min. go to the dealer and he does the rest. wait for 8 to 13 months right now and have fun... it is so worth it.

Im on NV, the new CA.

I would love to hear from someone who has tested that. I dont sell them much as I get much better deals with other brands, larger brands do a lot of buy 2 get 1 free stuff. It helps lower prices.
How do we find out about those deals?

Oh sorry, that is a dealer deal, sometimes you get them but you really need to watch the brads. Rebel was giving away a 22 silencer with the 30 cal silencer, you got 2 for 300 or 350. I can't remember. I tell people on my facebook page all the time. If you want to friend me you will see when they are going on and you can go check with a local shop if you like. I think there is a deal going on right now. I need to go look. If you wish to PM me I can send you my contact info. There is no guarantee the shop near you will give the deals but they may if you ask.

I was going to go shooting friday but it is so wet, I took out some toys to pretend i was going to go shoot.

Attachments

• gunnnnnz.jpg
    gunnnnnz.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 131
I bought a DEAD AIR SANDMAN K. It can handle up to 300 win mag, it uses a muzzle break adapter to attach the suppressor. you can buy more muzzle break adapters, install them on multiple rifles. Then the suppressor is a quick disconnect, it ratchets down tight on those adapters. This is my first suppressor, very short and light can. you can shoot a high power without hearing protection, but it still has a pretty good bark. They also have the S and L model which have more length and baffles, which should suppress the sound even more, but for a hunting rifle I opted for the shorter model.
bought it through a local dealer, that has a SILENCER CO. kiosk machine. I would suggest finding a dealer that has that machine, order it directly from SILENCER CO. Then go to that dealer, the kiosk will do everything you need to do, finger prints and apply for the tax stamp etc. Also definitely set up the trust, you can add people that you trust that would be allowed to use that suppressor.
You mean SILENCERSHOP, correct? Silencer co makes them, SilencerShop sells many brands and has the kiosk.

most do shoot better. less recoil lass jump, less flinching, but if your an awesome shooter with no room to improve then no. plus you can get a great can with the stamp for 600 to 800. 1 trip to the local PD and get fingerprint cards, go to rite aid store and get 2 photos, take 10 min. go to the dealer and he does the rest. wait for 8 to 13 months right now and have fun... it is so worth it.

The effects of a suppressor will vary from barrel to barrel and model to model. They sometimes improve the precision of a specific rifle/cartridge. They sometimes decrease the precision of a specific rifle/cartridge. They typically cause a change in the point of impact. Occasionally (rarely), you find a suppressor that does not affect the POI or the accuracy/precision ... that is one that you do NOT want to get rid of. At the end of the day you do your research, you pays your money, you wait and have to test - YMMV.

My experience is that a high quality suppressor (e.g. Thunderbeast, SAS, SilencerCO) does not reduce the accuracy/precision of a high quality custom built rifle.

I prefer Titanium rifle suppressors over a steel suppressors for two reasons:

1.) there is less POI shift (lighter can hanging off the end of the barrel)
2.) The sound of a Ti can tends to be perceived as more dull/muted

The disadvantage of a Ti can is cost and they are not as good at dealing with heat (a sustained high rate of fire) but who does a mag dump when hunting?

That being said ... it is SO worth it ...

Here is a new line from YHM, I have the old version IN stainless and the Titianum ultra light and now this new version. The new line is smaller and lighter. Suppression has been great on my AR15 16" barrel. I have the ultralight mounted to my AR SBR, it is still loud as hell and you still get a blast of fire out the end. At night this is a Pain but still better than not. Here is a pic of my latest build and paint jop. Dont make fun of the paint. This is my second time painting a gun.
p.jpg
p1.jpg
p2.jpg

Here is a new line from YHM, I have the old version IN stainless and the Titianum ultra light and now this new version. The new line is smaller and lighter. Suppression has been great on my AR15 16" barrel. I have the ultralight mounted to my AR SBR, it is still loud as hell and you still get a blast of fire out the end. At night this is a Pain but still better than not. Here is a pic of my latest build and paint jop. Dont make fun of the paint. This is my second time painting a gun. View attachment 123862 View attachment 123863 View attachment 123864

Curious to know how you painted that design?
Is that just a rattle can or special paint?

Curious to know how you painted that design?
Is that just a rattle can or special paint?
Either paint will work, I use brownells paints. Nothing fancy. I spray a light and dark base coat, random . Then i use a mesg bag that holds oranges from walmart, strech it over the area you wish to pattern. Spray with the lighter over darker and darker over lighter. It is very easy. Dont paint to heavy

How does the trust allow others to use a suppressor without being listed in the trust?

Do the wraps that you see on some suppressors help quite the ping sound?

Does material make a difference on the first round sound pop that everyone talks about? Are some suppressors worse about this than others?

Thanks
idcwby

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.