Silencer shop single shot trusts?

the trust is just named with my last name anyway. So I guess it shouldn't be hard for them to match up the info. Just hate to screw something up and get a rejection for something. I'm brand new to this whole System and it's a bit intimidating right now.

No worries, it gets easier. Either trust will work and as said above some advantages to both. Laws and requirements are constantly changing. Yes and no on ownership. Yes you are a trustee or owner of the trust but if you pay personally then the trust did not pay for it. It makes since to me and you but the laws have grey areas sometimes. If you are filing as a trust pay with the trust. Things get sticky sometimes and it is the details the lawyers will use

Thanks
Buck

You are right it will not get rejected. My trust has a debit card too. When it will matter is when the ownership of item is questioned. It may be 5 years down the road or if and when you try to sell it. Or if one of the trustee beside yourself is in possession. Anyway just what my NFA lawyer advised me

Thanks

Buck

Those single shot trusts are going to start biting people in the *** at some point in the future. Talk to any attorney worth a **** about trusts and estate planning and show them that trust.

I never saw the point and I think that some temporary convenience is going to make for some serious pain later.

So I was just on Silencer shops site. Anyone know why they are charging $125 for the INCLUDED cb muzzle device? Looked at the 223 ultra 7 and it's $995.
The drop down menu for included device shows +$125. The next drop down menu says Add a second device for +$125. Maybe it's just an IT mistake or are they really trying to charge for something that is suppose to be included with the suppressor price? I emailed them so I'll see what they say.

Thats the cost if you want to add a second CB. Say for instance you had two rifles you'd want the second CB for it.
One CB comes with the suppressor at the $995 price.

Those single shot trusts are going to start biting people in the *** at some point in the future. Talk to any attorney worth a **** about trusts and estate planning and show them that trust.

I never saw the point and I think that some temporary convenience is going to make for some serious pain later.

That's interesting. My estate attorney has seen all my trusts - one NFA covering 3 suppressors and 3 separate Single Shot trusts, and said there is no problem with any of them down the road.

That's interesting. My estate attorney has seen all my trusts - one NFA covering 3 suppressors and 3 separate Single Shot trusts, and said there is no problem with any of them down the road.
Same story. Different result.

The estate attorney that wrote my NFA trust and my will said to stay far away. Maybe we put 'em both in the same room and let the do what lawyers do. Only question is who will pay the bill? :)

Thats the cost if you want to add a second CB. Say for instance you had two rifles you'd want the second CB for it.
One CB comes with the suppressor at the $995 price.

Yes it is if you want to add a 2nd mount. But when you go through the drop down menu for the INCLUDED mount to choose brake or flash hider it still adds $125. I talked to silencershop and they are aware or it and said it's an IT glitch. And might not be fixed until after shot show. I'll go on now and see if it's been resolved.

I have both a regular trust(s) and single shot. Love single shot for the reasons outlined. (Ability to 'share' a single suppressor)

Also, if you are new to the process, they make it pretty darn easy. Filling out the paperwork on your own is a bit daunting the first couple times.

I got the trust signed, notarized, and sent to silencer shop. Ordered a TBAC ULTRA 7 6.5 yesterday. Just need to upload my photo and get the prints. I'll have the prints next week. Should be good to go then. Once you dive deeper into this process it's not as bad as I thought. Still think 90% of this is unnecessary for a can.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts