If you only could have one scope??

NF- NXS 5.5-22- 50 or 56mm with the MOAR T reticle. I like the smaller diameter reticle for longer distances, they are a little heavier but worth every ounce.

If you could only have one scope to use in an all around LR hunting/LR shooting rifle what would it be and why? Mine would be a NXS 5.5-22x56 or 50 either one and has to have ZS and HS options. Not the best glass clarity for sure but the glass is descent and I can always rely on the mechanics of the NXS. Out of all the glass I have/have had there is never a doubt in my mind when I make an adjustment.

I really like the NXS but wish it came in FFP for less thinking at the 3-400 yard shoots at less than full 22 power, but great choose other wise, I would think.

I have this one, and the ATACR and SHV. The ATACR is great 'no flies' on this one at all. The SHV is a Great little scope but the lack of zero stop is a pain. Made a shim gage to slip under the Tourette just to make sure I don't go past zero.

But yes the NXS has been a great scope for me.

S&B PMII 5-25 with H59 reticle. I've tested mine against my NF 5-22 NXS and it is better in low light and probably a smidge better clarity during the day.

My second choice would be a Kahles 5-25 with skmr3 reticle.

If you could only have one scope to use in an all around LR hunting/LR shooting rifle what would it be and why? Mine would be a NXS 5.5-22x56 or 50 either one and has to have ZS and HS options. Not the best glass clarity for sure but the glass is descent and I can always rely on the mechanics of the NXS. Out of all the glass I have/have had there is never a doubt in my mind when I make an adjustment.
Don't know much about the NXS, but don't discount the Leupold Mark 5, 5X25X55 FP: zero stop, 120 MOA , good glass, and good warranty. Difficult to ask one scope to do it all, but the 35 mm tube does have the elevation available for one to shoot well past a mile. I am sure that NightForce has a comparable scope with equal quality of construction and should not be discounted either. Availability and true pricing(not factory) could be a game changer for me.

I've been using one scope on all my rifles for years, 5-25x56 ATACR MOAR T. It's seen thousands of rounds fired and been dialed from zero to a mile and everywhere in between at least 2000+ times. I use it for all my hunting and LR shooting, tracks perfect and really good glass .

Leopold V6 3-18 perfect hunting scope for me. If money wasn't an issue I would have one of the compact S&B in the similar power range

I have a Vortex Viper PST, 6-25X FFP on my big target rifle. It must be a Gen 1 model because I've had it a number of years; maybe five. I'd like a Gen 2 of the same model. I'd have to assume Vortex learned a bunch of new things once the Gen 1 had been in service a while, and incorporated that new information into the Gen 2. In the $1000 price range, I think the Vortex is a dam-ned fine scope. I have several Crossfires on a few other of my favorite possessions.

Schmidt Bender PM II High Power Riflescope 5-45x56 LP Tremor3

Bad *** scope!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.