If you only could have one scope??

If you could only have one scope to use in an all around LR hunting/LR shooting rifle what would it be and why? Mine would be a NXS 5.5-22x56 or 50 either one and has to have ZS and HS options. Not the best glass clarity for sure but the glass is descent and I can always rely on the mechanics of the NXS. Out of all the glass I have/have had there is never a doubt in my mind when I make an adjustment.
If your question is for real, then I would consider a FFP scope with 120 MOA available. the NF 5x25x56 34mm tube, or the Leupold Mark V 5x25x56 35mm tube, and other reliable manufactures may work quite well. Some of the suggestions given to you might not fit your LR requirement. Example: Leupold VX6 3x18 of which I have two mounted on both I my hunting rifles; have only 40 MOA(2X20) elevation available. Work great for hunting, but have long range shooting limitations(1450 yds). If you shoot a LR rifle capable of 2000 + yards you may need almost twice that amnt. of MOA. My 28 Nosler requires 65.21 MOA. My 300 WBY requires 73.07 MOA. For the record, I have had success at 1800 yds but NOT 2000 yds. One scope to do it all, tough assignment. Questions?

SWFA HD 5-20x50 FFP MIL

I've had and used the higher end "budget" scopes like the Cronus, Weaver Tac 34, Ares ETR, Vortex PST GENI, and Burris XTRII.

I've used but never owned SB PMI2, Kahles, NF NXS, and Vortex AMG and Razor.

SWFA HD strikes a good balance between simplicity, toughness, and good glass. I'm finally satisfied with this scope purchase.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.