If it.s windy check your decoys

Pa Grizz

I was hunting out of a ground blind yesterday and a couple of times when no birds were flying I got out of the blind to check for decoys blown over.Here come a big flock .They lock up,but fly off .They came back 5 times.I never had time to think about birds being down because here come some more .They circle 3 times before going away.This happened Until was time to quit.I changed calls a couple of times .Picking up my decoys I found a few down just out of sight.I doubt if I'll ever have that many birds come in like that again .but I will check wither I scare some away

cowboy

Wind came up very fast and totally unexpected Saturday morning and we picked up shells over 1/2 mile away. Was not fun for just 2 guys chasing 12 dozen decoys.

Sam4886

Oldest trick in the book. Nothing flying? Get up to pee. That didn't work? Start packing up. They'll come out of the woodwork then.

Pa Grizz

Oldest trick in the book. Nothing flying? Get up to pee. That didn't work? Start packing up. They'll come out of the woodwork then.
Who ever I am hunting with they ask me to back to the truck.They do not care what I go after just go .Never fails I get back to the truck and hear shooting

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.