If it.s windy check your decoys

Pa Grizz

I was hunting out of a ground blind yesterday and a couple of times when no birds were flying I got out of the blind to check for decoys blown over.Here come a big flock .They lock up,but fly off .They came back 5 times.I never had time to think about birds being down because here come some more .They circle 3 times before going away.This happened Until was time to quit.I changed calls a couple of times .Picking up my decoys I found a few down just out of sight.I doubt if I'll ever have that many birds come in like that again .but I will check wither I scare some away

Wind came up very fast and totally unexpected Saturday morning and we picked up shells over 1/2 mile away. Was not fun for just 2 guys chasing 12 dozen decoys.

Oldest trick in the book. Nothing flying? Get up to pee. That didn't work? Start packing up. They'll come out of the woodwork then.
Who ever I am hunting with they ask me to back to the truck.They do not care what I go after just go .Never fails I get back to the truck and hear shooting

Only once ever had decoys self propel across a field, thunderstorm came in, we saw it coming, small cloud, got n the truck to go get them on that one. Was pup's first goose hunt too, he didn't know what to think of a speck laying there with a wing flappng in the wind. I've had winds where the lid of an Avery Powerhunter cam up and smoked me in the back of the head every tme I got up, irritating as hell.

Never fails when you take a break, put your firearm down and not ready to shoot the animals appear. I had a small horse farm in Canterbury, CT. There was 3K acres of State game lands next to my place with very limited access to the public and my neighbor had 300 acres of corn right behind my house. Had a good friend that Hand made Canadian Geese decoys out of wood and painted with a dozen different colors to match the geese exactly. The decoys would always bring the geese in and had a dug-out ground blind semi laying down with doors of corn stalks to pop open when the geese were landing. Almost every time when a flock was landing my neighbor's dog, from 1/2 mile away, would run up and chase the geese away. He was a real nice dog and came to our house a lot, but how he always knew we were hunting???