Idahoans sound off.

I have a nice spot out in the militaries play ground that I have marked off to 1000 yards, when they buzz me with the blackhawks its time to go home. They are very suttle that way. I have yet to shoot at Blacks creek. Am always too broke after buying more loading supplies. If you need someone to break in that Allen Magnum just send her my way.

gun)I live in Northern Idaho, was introduced to long range hunting and shooting by Shawn Carlock. Love it Took my first long range elk at 892yds after his class.

Dwight here

Hey Chuck M, you ever go up Reynolds creek and check out that small herd of bighorn sheep??? some good areas up there for target shooting too.

I have a nice spot out in the militaries play ground that I have marked off to 1000 yards, when they buzz me with the blackhawks its time to go home. They are very suttle that way. I have yet to shoot at Blacks creek. Am always too broke after buying more loading supplies. If you need someone to break in that Allen Magnum just send her my way.
Hey freebird63,
I live in Twin Falls. I've gone to the range at Blacks Creek but only to shoot their regular sighting range. The long range didn't seem to be open. Can you check around to find out when it is open and let me know? I know they have a full time Range Master out there from 8AM-5PM everyday and maybe have a Ph# listed in your phone book. They only charged me $6 for shooting and that included targets which I thought was real resonable but I'd really like to find out something about their long range facility. It looked like a thousand yard max and was pretty awesome.

I have never shot out there, I usually go out into the desert into the military's playground. When they want there area back they buzz me with their blackhawks and I leave. I will have to go check out blacks creek. Most of the time I am too poor to pay to shoot at a range, if you don't mind stepping around a few rattlesnakes now and then. I have a nice spot where I have marked off to 1000 yards and have another spot where I think I can safely shoot to a mile.

freebird63,
I'm in the process of building a long range target that will automatically reset itself after being hit. I was only able to afford a scrap piece of 1/2" AP400 that is a square foot. Would have liked to have got a little bigger piece, but this will have to do for now. I, hopefully, will have it finished in the next couple of weeks. I must admit that my welding skills are somewhat questionable. I guess you do what you can while you can. Doesn't it cost you more in fuel to drive that far out than the range would cost? The cost of fuel is getting so **** high again it's limiting my forries out shooting chucks to closer places that aren't nearly as productive. I could probably go less and shoot more but I wouldn't be able to get away from the warden as much, and that's worth a bunch!

Ya but where I shoot no one bothers me, unless its the military wanting their playground back. Do you know how irratating it is to have people drive right through where your shooting. Its nice and peaceful out there.

Can any of you Idahoans suggest a location for some long range shots around the southwest area, say up to 750 yards. I have some long range pistols that need excersizing. I just don't know where to go legally.

chuck m