Idahoans sound off.

I came across this site last week, navigated away and had a hard time getting back. Just thought I'd let everyone here know I'm a "Lifer." I was born here and expect to die here. I just hope I don't die before I can figure out how one posts a picture on this site. Anyone give me a hand and let me in on the secret?
I was born in the southeastern area of this marvelous state and now live in the middle of the southern portion. I am in the process of finding some property up in the Clearwater River country, where I fell in love with hunting whitetails many years back when my son was attending the University of Idaho. I also have relatives in the panhandle area and enjoy that area as well. The only reason I haven't moved elsewhere is I enjoy rockchuck shooting almost every day from April intoJuly. I can drive and stay for a few weeks in the other areas.

Last edited:
Roy,

Good to hear from you. I retired this last September and have spent the winter reading issues of Precision Shooting and other various gun magazines and am almost rabid to get out there and shoot some groups, mud or not. Way too soon to shoot chucks but I did hear of one standing out there by the rest stop in the lavas north of Blackfoot. After Mother's Day, they had best be on the lookout for me as I will be out there looking for them...

I was in Class 66-1... Wow, that was a long time ago. How about you? Hope the TAD in SLC is going well.

Major project here is to shoot a 338-416 Rigby Improved buiil by Nesika/Dakota Arms. The rifle was purchased out of a Pawn Shop and DID NOT come with dies (case forminf & reloading) or brass. I am trying to decide if it is better in the long run to just rebarrel as a 338 Lapua.

Take Care, Craig

Craig,

Things are going very well down here.....

I was in 65-3 (A1W)

My 375 AM came in a month or so after I got here. Got 4 shots through her before I sent it to Idaho. 'bout like shootin' a BB gun. Really!

I'll be foot loose and fancy free and return next march......

You ought to come by...it's a good thing IMO. We've done a lot to maintain/improve it lately and hard to beat the bang4buck compared to other ranges and their costs. We don't have a 1000 up top still, but it's got some LR ability...for hunting I don't think it's an easy/ethical kill past 500 yrds generally and that's even iffy depending on cartridge, etc. so this is adequate IMO.