Idaho wolf control board seeks $200,000 to kill wolves

Bingo! I'm glad you pointed this out because I was about to. They are a bigger wolf species that are a full-on pack animal ment to compete with herds of hundreds if not thousands like in Canada. Very different than the herds that are around this area. A big reason why they introduced the wolves was in a roundabout way to take our Second Amendment... if there is no animals to hunt, hunters get frustrated and stop hunting. Then why need a gun if you're not going to hunt... Tree Huggers and gun grabbers political battles. Now lead free Cali ammo.... poisoning Eagles and scavenger Birds? Give me a break!!

Last edited:
Wolves and hooved animals lived side by side for thousands of years. Nature works just fine. Sorry if all you out west have to actually hunt now instead of just glassing from the road. Wolves keep elk moving which helps the trees which brings in more beavers creating more water areas for birds and other species. That's how nature works. Is it healthy to see herds with thousands of elk in them? No it's not.
That is a hilarious response! I know what movie you watched to get that answer. Go finish your vegan lunch & let real outdoorsmen deal with wolves.
Thanks, Kirk

And which states have banned elk hunting because of the decimated herd sizes?

every state mentioned in the areas where the elk and moose populations have been decimated by the non-indigenous wolves. Many tag allocations have been drastically reduced and/or reduced to zero.

Again, you make ill-advised comments without knowing ANY of the facts.

Do your research before you post

The shiras moose have just about been wiped out from the *** wolves!
When you get a good size pack of wolves running around with smaller herds of game animals it's a blood bath. Cat and mouse game....plus they kill off all the smaller native wolf numbers real fast!
States are seeing numbers plummet and now they are trying to figure out ways to fix the wolf problem but it's too little too late for a lot of areas and will not return In Our Lifetime

Your ignorance is on full display.
It's not about the overall herd size in a given state, it's about the local areas.
There are dozens of examples of areas that have seen greatly reduced hunt quotas because of the wolves.

And hey, btw, shove your attitude about us western hunters where the sun dont shine. It's kind of like your generalization of the elk herds- misinformed and ignorant.

The shiras moose have just about been wiped out from the *** wolves!
When you get a good size pack of wolves running around with smaller herds of game animals it's a blood bath. Cat and mouse game....plus they kill off all the smaller native wolf numbers real fast!
States are seeing numbers plummet and now they are trying to figure out ways to fix the wolf problem but it's too little too late for a lot of areas and will not return In Our Lifetime

I could quote several pro-wolf removal and or serious wolf reduction posts to get to the same post as above. I have such a disregard for the " modern" wolf I almost get a bloody nose when the subject comes up that I had to try and take a different approach. Which is try to get the same organization formed that Idaho has or kick the movement in the *** or have a heart attack.
https://www.foundationforwildlifemanagement.org/
They have done a great service, or at least the first attempts to appease both sides of the argument.
It's in the embryo stages trying to get the right people evolved at this point for the energy I'm putting forth here in Wyoming. And I could use some help.
In response to "walks with wolves" folks that think this is an animal fit for the lower 48, maybe they ought to bring back the Dire Wolf. They have the DNA to do it.
When there is no game to eat, we are the next meal ticket.

Not totally banned but in the early nineties there were 2,000 cow elk permits in the Gardner area outside Yellowstone.
Last time I looked, it's been a few years there were 100 and F@G were talking of eliminating all of them.

It's just my opinion fellas, but aren't we giving this Jr1972 to much energy?
Look at his profile and fallow his threads, he's not worth it.
This wolf thing is gonna get worse before it gets better.
For Wyoming, we need to get them delisted at the state level from being a trophy animal with seasons. What a joke. They are fare game and can be gunned or trapped like coyotes in the rest of the state, except for along the western side of the state. I'm sure this was done to appease the wolf lovers but allow a feeble attempt to keep them inside the park buffer zone.

Yup....spending energy trying to change someone's opinion that is founded in and on emotion is rarely worth the effort. That said I think it is important to at least point out their errors so that others reading in the future can hopefully see them for themselves.......It can be kinda fun to debate said people, but on the internet, they can disappear at will and never really have to face up to what they type. I think Ben Shapiro has fun because facts will always beat emotion in a debate, and on live TV, you have to face what you say!

Yup....spending energy trying to change someone's opinion that is founded in and on emotion is rarely worth the effort. That said I think it is important to at least point out their errors so that others reading in the future can hopefully see them for themselves.......It can be kinda fun to debate said people, but on the internet, they can disappear at will and never really have to face up to what they type. I think Ben Shapiro has fun because facts will always beat emotion in a debate, and on live TV, you have to face what you say!

I wonder if we were all in one large group, in person. How long it would take for all the little groups to form. It would be quite funny to watch this from stadium seat. :D
8 oz. sparing gloves and an Octagon in the center:cool:

Not totally banned but in the early nineties there were 2,000 cow elk permits in the Gardner area outside Yellowstone.
Last time I looked, it's been a few years there were 100 and F@G were talking of eliminating all of them.
I think there were more permits than that. And late bull seasons. I had the numbers once. Wish I could find them. But, hunters hammering cows late into winter couldn't have been an issue, could it? mtmuley

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts