I TOLD YA IT WAS COMING...PA GIANT !!

Definately a small world. Unless I'm mistaken, I first crossed paths with you on a pa hunting site ran by a guy who's screen name was buckslayer. Hunting PA or something of that nature. Would have been back around 2008 or so.
One of the downfalls of being old and worn out is memory...lol. More than likely it happened but I have trouble remembering last week let alone 15 years ago...

Wow... Congratulations. Was this on public land? And does Pennsylvania have large bulls in general?
I'm not sure what the split is between public and private land to be honest with you...a good many landowners want them controlled and the rest will cooperate with a little $$$$..lol. Pound for pound and inch for inch we got some of tge biggest Bull's on earth and I know the next world records in all categories is already walking here, but due to controls because of limited tags they'll just get bigger...age, nutrition and habitat, all adds up !

442 5/8" is B&C #1 typ.

I get 418 6/8" typ green off this card.

Giant for sure. I can see PA getting the top place in the near future with those types of bulls coming up, and public lands hunts in the west having way too many tags available. Only a matter of time.

Pretty fall colors, and a different world to hunt elk in. Most definitely a different way to take a bull compared to the public land in the Rockies hunts that I'm used to.

In that country they don't have to work near as hard to make a living. Nevertheless tis a darn pretty bull.

Different strokes is all (course I'm no fan of the Utah team style of elk hunts either, give me a public land hunt for any bull and or cow and I'm a happy man)

Last edited:
Incredible bull. This is another one of those once in a lifetime opportunities that I lay awake thinking about only to close my eyes and dream.

Good job!

That is insane. Congrats. Some huge bulls coming out of PA. I don't get it why in my home state of WI where there has only been a season for a few years that there are no pictures of dead or live bulls that are worth a crap for size. I wonder if it is just the winters.